Factory Auxiliary Coolant And Cabin Heater Owners!

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in tbh.

For those of you that have the factory fitted auxiliary heating system that heats the coolant AND the cabin with the overhead control panel....

If its been set for 30 mins on medium heat and now switched off.

If you turn the key to get dash lights and fan blower operating, do you get hot air out of the vents?

I expected some hot air or a slight movement on the temp gauge but I get nothing. Warm air only appears after a few minutes driving.

I couldn't find anything in the user manual that exains the system further.

Thanks.

As far as I know the aux heating to the rear is just another heat exchanger on the van cooling system. It doesn’t get warm until the coolant does. @StudleyGlass has one in his van and will be able to fill you in more.

Hi, mine is with the 2 heaters, one in the engine bay and one under the floor. 1 is exclusive for the cabin and other is for the engine, that's my understanding anyway!

Acc user manual they heat the cabin and engine coolant seperately. Cabin certainly gets warm but for me the engine is cold so looking to compare to Other users.

I have both, unless you have reprogrammed the engine heater it only comes on when the ambient temperature is below 5 degrees

That might be it.. According to a calibrated temp monitor it was 3.5 and moving towards 4c. If the van is a bit out it might have sensed 5 so didn't come on.

Mine was a standard aux heater (Webasto comfort SE) from the sticker on the drivers door (from memory). I had the software flashed and the controller and key fob installed. On my velle it heats up the engine (hoses get hot inside the engine bay) and just the front climate control comes on and gets hot the rear does not even come on.

Not sure that helps as it maybe just down to the way it was changed - but works for me!

Mine was a standard aux heater (Webasto comfort SE) from the sticker on the drivers door (from memory). I had the software flashed and the controller and key fob installed. On my velle it heats up the engine (hoses get hot inside the engine bay) and just the front climate control comes on and gets hot the rear does not even come on.

Not sure that helps as it maybe just down to the way it was changed - but works for me!

hi @PenfoldE6 - presumably if you have the auxiliary heater running and you turn the ignition on without starting the engine, you can sit in the back with the rear heating on?

hi @PenfoldE6 - presumably if you have the auxiliary heater running and you turn the ignition on without starting the engine, you can sit in the back with the rear heating on?
I have not tried that to be honest with you. I will give it a go at the weekend. It sounds like it should work but not sure how the “plumbing” works to the rear - I will give it a try and let you know!

I have not tried that to be honest with you. I will give it a go at the weekend. It sounds like it should work but not sure how the “plumbing” works to the rear - I will give it a try and let you know!

Great cheers. Would be nice to be able to sit in a warm van while the kids are at various clubs!

Great cheers. Would be nice to be able to sit in a warm van while the kids are at various clubs!
So I did try this and on mine with the ignition on (but engine not started) the rear climate control would only come on if the front is on.

However, the diesel heater warmed up the front system, but even with the rear on full wack it would only blow out cold air.

I suspect their is a value not set to open unless the engine is running. Left it for about 15 mins and still no luck!

Ok thanks for trying that out, appreciate it. It’s obviously not sending hot water to the rear heat exchanger when parked. As long as the front is nice and warm it’s all good tho!

The other question I had was... from the factory it’s set to come on automatically when you start the engine below 5 degrees. Does fitting the controller stop it coming on automatically?

Yeah I think so too. As far as I know it still does come on when below 5 degrees outside. I have the multi control so to be honest if I have not started it by the remote I turn it on for 20mins or so as soon as I start it as it heats the front up loads quicker and warms the engine obviously...

Back