FabWorx

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Fabworx M1 tested bed

- have any members got one of the "Fabworx" M1 tested beds and if so what do you think of them ?

I recently had an rs system fitted from Fabworx,
One of the biggest mistakes I have made, the fitting of the floor rail system was horrendous, they have no plan as of the underside of vehicle, they just drill holes and hope for the best, the spreader plates were fitted to the underside of the heatshield giving absolutely no structural integrity to the safety of the rail system, shocking workmanship for a company who are fitting beds that children will sit in...
The bed itself rattles like no other I have seen and the rail system also rattles about making it even worse.
Avoid at all costs you have been warned!!!!

Some of the photos I took of the horrendous fitting carried out by these so called experts, funny thing is they think there is nothing wrong with this, the reply you get is that's the way we always do it,
So tred carefully if you wish to use these incompetent idiots to ruin your van and put your kids life in danger if there was to be an accident!!!!

0CB330B2-D2E9-470C-BB11-09839B5D722E_1_201_a.jpeg

3F42479E-B029-47A8-BB18-B28990BA710B_1_201_a.jpeg

61046EDF-2278-4843-A5E9-6154370DFFD7_1_201_a.jpeg

C5BC1BA2-3A8F-45AA-8358-1F9E6AB61480_1_201_a.jpeg

E0AE0CA4-39A1-4211-8115-463C80E5A2EF_1_201_a.jpeg

Some of the photos I took of the horrendous fitting carried out by these so called experts, funny thing is they think there is nothing wrong with this, the reply you get is that's the way we always do it,
So tred carefully if you wish to use these incompetent idiots to ruin your van and put your kids life in danger if there was to be an accident!!!!

View attachment 125451

View attachment 125452

View attachment 125453

View attachment 125454

View attachment 125455Th

That's shocking.

Absolutely shocking, holes drilled randomly in floor with no bolts attached, the 2 plates at rear are just straight through the plastic cover and plates rattled up with impact gun and crushed cover, this was described as normal fitment, bed fitted that far back that the threshold cover doesn't fit, they say just cut the cover, (aye no problem mate its only a 40k van)
If I wasn't 400 miles away from them it would have been getting returned, I've just bit the bullet and moved it forward myself and fitted the spreader plates directly to the floor,

tempImage1EGZOO.png

tempImageSajErr.png

tempImageg0EVR5.png

tempImageGp8rUU.png

I really can’t believe that a “professional” company have so little pride in their work or the safety of their customers that they turn out work like this. It’s about time the UK introduced more regulation to stamp out cowboys like this. I can’t believe health and safety are not all over stuff like this. In a country where we have to have signs next to taps saying caution if hot water Etc.

In all fairness it looks like quite a professional outfit when you get there, unluckily for me I drove down during the night to get there first thing in the morning so I didn't really pay much attention when they were fitting it, shouldn't really have to do this though, just short of 3k without getting them to upholster the bed,
Makes me very sceptical about getting a pop top roof fitted now..

doesn't look like they treated the holes with anything to stop rust either

I too am not impressed with Fabworx. Quality of the installation was poor and only four bolts fitted which seemed odd since there’s six fixing points on the bed. I emailed asking if there should be six bolts and got no reply!! Still not sure if this is dangerous

I have a set of rails but no bed, when I contacted them to ask to buy a bed to fit they wanted to see a photo of the rails. I sent them a picture of the rails just lying in the back of my van, they said they wanted me to go to them as the rails didn’t look correctly fitted. If that’s the quality of their fits then I know mine will be fitted better than they can do. The rattling from the bed and the rails is a concern though considering the cost involved. They do have fitting guides on their website and they all only have 5-8 bolts depending on which bed.

I've got a Fabworx RS rails bed on order to be fitted by them in a few weeks. Bit concerned about what you've said about the fitting. Has anyone had more recent experience with Fabworx installations?

Back