Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

Thermally insulated external screen covering windscreen on front side windows will provide better protection, less condensation and more warmth - downside is they make it difficult to open the front doors and having to deal with wet screens when it rains. Depending on your sleeping arrangements, I would also look at getting an external screen for the tailgate as well.

I would definitely recommend Rainbow Screens - much more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for - we started out with a cheap set but there is no comparison. We have packed ours away wet a few times but, as they come with their own bags, its not a problem - we just get them out to dry when we get home.

Are Rainbow screens internal or external ?
I’ve only ever had Silver Screens on previous big vans, but then storage is a lot more in a big van, and I dont wish to have to carry any excess.
Thanks in advance.

Are Rainbow screens internal or external ?
I’ve only ever had Silver Screens on previous big vans, but then storage is a lot more in a big van, and I dont wish to have to carry any excess.
Thanks in advance.
They are external - very thick and well insulated.

Any recommendations for internal thermal screens, looked on Kiravans but a few reviews mention they do not fit a T6. This is due to the suckers being where the rear view mirror is?
I'm looking for interior as I often leave them on when parked in street to keep the temp regulated in my camper, so don't fancy leaving something external in the street for a prolonged time.
I had the same issue with the Kiravans internal screens, Advertised as fitting the T6, but not a great fit around the mirror, they arnt that bad really and don't let any light in despite this.

Thanks @superflyguy I may try them then, I do get frustrated with Kiravans and their stock levels, there out of stock on normal black curtains now for my side windows... Grrr I'll wait till it's all in stock and may well order them all in one place.

Made our own internal screens out of leftover insulation (silver bubble type).

They work a treat, can be folded & tucked behind the Rib Seat when not in use.

Cost around £5 !!

Thanks @superflyguy I may try them then, I do get frustrated with Kiravans and their stock levels, there out of stock on normal black curtains now for my side windows... Grrr I'll wait till it's all in stock and may well order them all in one place.
Yes stock levels arnt always great, but im sure others are available and probably made in the same factory anyway. I purchased an external cover recently but prefer the Kiravans internal ones.

Have a look at the kit from Van Comfort....saw them at the NEC..good quality at a price...£120 for front cab internal fit.

We have wild camped a few times including in Ireland in October and not used any screens just the wrap around black out curtain supplied with the conversion. So haven’t seen the point of screens, although judging by the amount they are used other people do find them useful. We do get a little condensation in the front wind screen. 30 secs with the synthetic chamois towel used by high divers like Tom Daley and it is sorted. I have to say the towel is excellent and it lives in a plastic box when not being used and works best when kept wet.

We have a Vanshades one which is effective and well made (whoever makes them for them) service by email or phone pretty lacklustre though.

hi guys, we’re after getting a thermal cover for our t6. Don’t mind spending a bit more for better quality and was wondering what you guys have as we haven’t got a clue?

Cheers

I recently bought a cover from Silver Screens and am very impressed with it. Made an enormous difference in the recent very cold weather.
I also have a thermal wrap for my pop top made by Rainbow Screens. Again I would recommend it.

Hi Jim, Rainbow Screens for us....and you can personalise them! never had condensation since using these, more expensive than most but real quality.

Matt

do you MANY kilometers always on the snow? .... then the thermals are ideal, otherwise the weatherproof Nokian I use are excellent even on normal roads .... the nokian makes super tires for the snow, but on the asphalt road and temperatures a slightly hotter, they degrade very quickly ...
Hello

sorry! .... I did everything wrong, the translator wrote me covers like tires .. !!
put Isotop inside and you'll see ..!

Rainbow screens for us, website leaves a bit to be desired but their Facebook page is good. Excellent quality and will add your choice of design within reason. Very effective

Back