Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

I have internal ones which i used this year and not really happy with them as there was quiet a bit of condensation inside, so I'm going to try the external one.

My issue with external ones - they get mucky and have to be packed up wet.
I'd rather get a heated windscreen.
Only takes a minute to blast away condensation.

My issue with external ones - they get mucky and have to be packed up wet.
I'd rather get a heated windscreen.
Only takes a minute to blast away condensation.
I still have the silvercreen off the T5 and your right you havet to dry it off first before putting it away

I still have the silvercreen off the T5 and your right you have to dry it off first before putting it away
Think i would rather dry the silverscreen than have moisture in the van, thats if you don't get condensation with the external one?

Just spent ten nights in my Kombi and internal are ace! Keep it nice and toasty! I have had external in my T5 and curtains and you will always get condensation if you are breathing all night in the van! Lol. My bay window had condensation, they all do. To keep you cool in summer and warm in winter internal are the best!

I have had both and prefer the external screen i bought from Just Kampers for my Bay . It does get wet but comes with a waterproof bag so i just pack it away wet and dry it out when i get home .

I use the external type screen cover and I've just also had black out curtains fitted to the kombi side & rear windows.
I normally leave the side window inside the awning open slightly to help with any condensation issues although 3 of us sleep in the awning anyway and it's only my daughter who sleeps in the van.

IMG_2152.JPG

Where did you get your curtains from @Simmo49 ?

I had a set of blackout curtains fitted while I was on Holiday down in Devon a month ago at Vanscape - Bideford.
Only £155 including the VAT & fitting for both kombi side windows and the rear window to - Very pleased with them and can highly recommend Vanscape services.

IMG_2204.JPG IMG_2203.JPG

I had similar (a bit darker) in our old BMW 335d - always really like the colour. Sadly it was red, a sort of white/grey or black only in an M135i.
Saddle brown (or similar) just looks so "leather" - love it!

Hi all , I pick up my newly converted van this Friday and I'm looking for some screens for the windscreen and front side windows , Dont know whether to go internal , external , fleece lined or whatever , any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Ant

Thermally insulated external screen covering windscreen on front side windows will provide better protection, less condensation and more warmth - downside is they make it difficult to open the front doors and having to deal with wet screens when it rains. Depending on your sleeping arrangements, I would also look at getting an external screen for the tailgate as well.

I would definitely recommend Rainbow Screens - much more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for - we started out with a cheap set but there is no comparison. We have packed ours away wet a few times but, as they come with their own bags, its not a problem - we just get them out to dry when we get home.

Any recommendations for internal thermal screens, looked on Kiravans but a few reviews mention they do not fit a T6. This is due to the suckers being where the rear view mirror is?
I'm looking for interior as I often leave them on when parked in street to keep the temp regulated in my camper, so don't fancy leaving something external in the street for a prolonged time.

Back