Exterior Cable Run

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I want to run a cable from the dash to the waste water tank outlet, which is in the space where the spare wheel would normally live. It seems to me that the easiest way would be through the grommet into the engine bay and then cable tied to the chassis rails to the back. Any reason for not doing this? Is it an acceptable way of doing it and are there any special cable requirements?

I want to run a cable from the dash to the waste water tank outlet, which is in the space where the spare wheel would normally live. It seems to me that the easiest way would be through the grommet into the engine bay and then cable tied to the chassis rails to the back. Any reason for not doing this? Is it an acceptable way of doing it and are there any special cable requirements?
Can’t see why there would be an issue; the wires from my Propex heater (underslung) run under the van (above the underbody panels) and then up in the rear quarter which is where the heating controls are.

I see no issues, as long as the cable is enclosed in flexible conduit, depending on the cable use, you may want to use tinned cable to reduce corrosion issues in external use.

I see no issues, as long as the cable is enclosed in flexible conduit, depending on the cable use, you may want to use tinned cable to reduce corrosion issues in external use.
Thanks, I’ve got the conduit already but I never realised about tinned cable. Just been onto eBay to order some marine tinned twin core which should do nicely :thumbsup:

Back