Extended short exhaust

Mocko1962

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Has anybody extended a short exhaust version van with full length exhaust to see if noise was reduced inside the van area. ... resonating type noise more noticeable when on motorway driving

i doubt that would be anything to do with the exhaust . . .

more likely the Alloy wheels.

what wheels you got?

what spec van?

whats in the back?

do you have any sound insulation anywhere?

got a few pics?

18in aftermarket alloys as picture .. tyres are cheap and yes I believe they are a major factor in running road noise on the motorway as noise changes significantly on different surfaces

T6 E6 2017 Tailgate with kitchen and bed and floor ... I don’t think the floor was sound deadened 774E051D-1C03-4C06-A902-880AF60B4107.jpeg1BE24501-112C-4339-A9D9-F626210E471B.jpeg

Converted pop top van by Camperversions Darwen with insulation but no sound deadening to the panels .

. I have recently dodo deadened the front cab floor area seats out job and door skins and door cards etc.. and scuttle area 4191BD8C-2020-4CD3-AB5E-867B04C867B6.jpeg7E81B3AB-658C-40C1-B637-6F5966969B4A.jpeg

I’ll look at changing tyres when they get a bit more worn to see what effect it has ..
maybe the pop top roof is transmitting wind noise into the living area as well although it is fully closed off from inside when travelling

@Mocko1962 It’s worth sound deadening the wheel arches externally and the wheel arch liners. The cab roof sound deadening will make a big difference as well.
I added 10mm self adhesive acoustic foam to the front arch liners today, from the top down to the rear, the front half left bare. It made a noticeable difference for very little cost and time. There was no requirement to use longer screws as cut out for the body flange and two pads on the liner.
All arches are now externally fitted with Dynamat Xtreme, rear liners completely covered with 10mm foam and front liners covered 50%.
Both doors are done with Dynamat Xtreme and 10mm foam on the cards.
Both front wings are done with Dynamat, they ring like a cymbal when bare, not sure how much was entering the cab so did them anyway.
Rest of the van was done professionally with Silent Coat and foam except the cab floor which I’ll be leaving for now.
Next I’m doing the front steps and scuttle.
I highly recommend foam coating the arch liners.

Back