Exploria Kombi Beds

@mhill I guess its never going to live up to something like a RIB etc, but it seems comfy enough to me, but I haven't had an overnight stay in it yet, im struggling to find somewhere to line my van until may !! so I thought I may as well fit it now, but that's the joy of it being removable.
My intention has always been to have everything removable in the back so i still have a van if I needed it, this bed allows me that.

So just fitted my exploria bed having collected this week, very well built and heavy, needs two too lift in. The quality is superb, I wntfor black vinyl to match my seats as I thought it would be harder wearing. Had no rattles when driving either. Only thing I think could improve is the front cushion isn't press studded like the rear so moves about, but I think this is because that section is slid back in when not required.

View attachment 5294 View attachment 5295 View attachment 5296
SNAP @mhill I've just got back from Exploria having traveled up from South Wales to see if it was suitable, which it is. I popped into the NEC to the Caravan and Camping show on the way up as I knew they were there with their show van which had the Kombi bed in. Gave it a good test and decided it was exactly what I wanted. Just like you I wanted something so I could store things underneath and also be able to remove it if needed.
So I continued up to their place and had one installed just like yours in black vinyl at height number four (lowest you can have with seats). First impression is it's very solid, well built and seems comfortable (time will tell) but then I do prefer a firmer bed. After 4.5 hours of driving on a mixture of roads I could hear no rattles coming from the bed so a big thumbs up from me.
On a side note, when I was at the NEC I had a chance to check out their front and rear bumper spoilers and they look very nice, much better than the VW Sportline front "Thing". Although not available yet but should be in the next few months so keep an eye on them.
I have to say what a friendly helpfull and informative bunch of guys they are at Exploria, well recommended.

@Twoguns hope to test mine out in the flesh soon, they are a great bunch of guys & girls at exploria and seem to know there stuff. If anybody is thinking of getting one I was told on the phone a price increase may be coming up.

@Twoguns hope to test mine out in the flesh soon, they are a great bunch of guys & girls at exploria and seem to know there stuff. If anybody is thinking of getting one I was told on the phone a price increase may be coming up.
Should use mine in the next two weeks so will report back once I've had a sleep on it.

Just got off the phone to Exploria, kombi bed ordered. Gone for leg size 4 so that it slides out over the folded down seats.
Believe it or not it was the wife's idea! She said that as we don't pay council tax for two months, why not get the kombi bed then we are all set for camping. What can I say - wasn't going to turn down that particular hall pass. Now all I need to do is find a way to get her to suggest that the van needs new wheels and B14's!

All you chaps and ladies who like me that have purchased one of the Kombi beds may have noticed the edge on the rear and front doesn't have any thing on it to finish it off .
Not a criticism of exploria but I just thought it made it look unfinished, so for the sake of £8:50 that's for 2 metres, I ordered some edging and fitted it .
If you do purchase some, push edge on from the bottom edge and it will go on fine, I just gave it a little tap with a rubber mallet too.

Hope this helps, also saves cutting your head on the sharp unfinished edge

IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3898.PNG

All you chaps and ladies who like me that have purchased one of the Kombi beds may have noticed the edge on the rear and front doesn't have any thing on it to finish it off .
Not a criticism of exploria but I just thought it made it look unfinished, so for the sake of £8:50 that's for 2 metres, I ordered some edging and fitted it .
If you do purchase some, push edge on from the bottom edge and it will go on fine, I just gave it a little tap with a rubber mallet too.

Hope this helps, also saves cutting your head on the sharp unfinished edge

View attachment 5773 View attachment 5774
Nice find. All I need now is to find a cigarette plug 12v strip light to go underneath as it is very dark under there and it will be spot on.

Cracking idea @superflyguy, will get some ready for when mine arrives - which will hopefully be in the next week or so. Ordered it 1.5 weeks ago and they said it'd be ready for delivery in 2, so fingers crossed. Does it need any on the front? I take it that since you only bought 2 metres you've only done the trailing edge.

Tbh @superflyguy I thought the same as you when I looked at their Kombi bed V2, that looks a lot better now! might be worth showing them?
I may send them a quick email, its little things like that , that can put people off and for less than a tenner, id rather pay the extra when I buy it.

Cracking idea @superflyguy, will get some ready for when mine arrives - which will hopefully be in the next week or so. Ordered it 1.5 weeks ago and they said it'd be ready for delivery in 2, so fingers crossed. Does it need any on the front? I take it that since you only bought 2 metres you've only done the trailing edge.
My bed was ready within the week, was told two, so you may get it early.
It is just the trailing edge as I thought that was the bit you notice more, and it was a test to see if the stuff I ordered was any good as it seems harder to get the larger edging, but now im happy with it ill order some more, just not sure if it will interfere with the closing mechanism ?

Nice find. All I need now is to find a cigarette plug 12v strip light to go underneath as it is very dark under there and it will be spot on.
Didn't really think of lighting underneath, If you find something suitable let me know.

I emailed Exploria regarding the rubber strip I fitted, I got a reply back thanking me for my suggestion, and they would look into the idea. :thumbsup:

Bed ordered. Size 4. Black vinyl. Have also sourced a couple of LED strip lights and a cigarette lighter with switch on it for lighting up the underneath..

Bed ordered. Size 4. Black vinyl. Have also sourced a couple of LED strip lights and a cigarette lighter with switch on it for lighting up the underneath..
Great news @Thogg , love mine, if you are fitting yourself, you'll need two people really as very heavy, and fit the four feet first, and then lower bed onto it, I thought it was easier.

I've got the Daytime running lights that are somewhere on the forum.. they were £5.

This is the switched plug and the waterproof connectors.

SHiZAK Automotive Universal Car Motorcycle Truck Cigarette Lighter Power Plug Adapter Extend Cable 3m 12V 24V https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IHBXPGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZQWWyb39ZP9WW

E-TING 5 Kit 2 Pin Way Car Waterproof Electrical Connector Plug with Wire AWG Marine https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BYNKUSE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aQWWybBRMSVQM

There are loads of different led options on Amazon. I'm just going to make use of the Ines I already have. The plan being to fix them to underside of the frame along with the wire.. then just connect them to the plug when needed.

Back