Exploria Kombi Beds

Looks great @Richard h , very similar, is the slide out bit strong or does it flex a bit ? web site doesn't give prices, ill have too give them a call.
thanks for posting photos, gives a better idea.

Nah doesn't flex at all , put some anti rattle tape on it seemed to make it smoother and quieter ! I've had a stack of ply on it maybe 10 sheets ... bit scary . Give them a call , pleasure to deal with .

That looks pretty similar... @Richard h What's the top surface made of? could they carpet line it as it looks quite slippy, the reason I ask is because my dog needs to sit on there...I've was going to go for the exploria one but the new V2 doesn't look as substantial somehow...

Evening mojo , I made the board myself it's just a piece of ply .... with stupid amount of paint and floor varnish on it !!! Yeah I think you could do what ever you want on top ,carpet etc

I was at exploria last month and was shown a customers van with a day bed fitted, he was very pleased.
I'm going too purchase one myself soon too as it suits my needs .

yes they look good, just be good to get some more detailed photos before i make the decision as its a good bit of money.

yes they look good, just be good to get some more detailed photos before i make the decision as its a good bit of money.
Have you checked out their website for any photos? If not, you could always email Graeme to ask him to send you some pics of the bed, he is usually very accommodating and a great chap :)

If you go on their Kombi bed section, it has a gallery of lots of photos to swing your decision .

I think that 4 may be the lowest height that then clears the folded down rear seat if you have a KombiVan rather than a panel van.

Just wondering if you need it to roll out bit when the seats are down, could you not just put a part of the mattress on the folded seats? It would save a lot of weight and complexity.

The seats don't have to be permanently lowered when its in the vehicle, only to get the bed to go full length when in use, the weight wont change anything once its in the van.

The seats don't have to be permanently lowered when its in the vehicle, only to get the bed to go full length when in use, the weight wont change anything once its in the van.

Thanks Superflyguy, I meant that if the seats fold, why do you need the slide out bit if you could just put part of the mattress on top of the folded seats?

Has anybody else made the jump and got one of these? I keep changing my mind between this and a Rib.
If you have the no4 version how does it feel like to sleep on? Does it feel claustrophobic?
If you have tried lying on this and a rib how do the two compare?

So just fitted my exploria bed having collected this week, very well built and heavy, needs two too lift in. The quality is superb, I wntfor black vinyl to match my seats as I thought it would be harder wearing. Had no rattles when driving either. Only thing I think could improve is the front cushion isn't press studded like the rear so moves about, but I think this is because that section is slid back in when not required.

IMG_3868.JPG IMG_3861.JPG IMG_3862.JPG

Last edited:
Back