EX-AA , 2016 T6 (150bhp) Restricted??

mommabear

Account Closed
T6 Pro
Hi dudes.
My mate just bought a 2016 T6 former AA vehicle - drives absolutely lovely - 150bhp / 6 Gears as standard.
Trouble is, at 75mph its topped out.
Gets there lovely, no issues, but won't go past 75mph on the needle.

No power losses, no weird symptoms just this restriction.

I speculated that as an ex AA service vehicle it might be restricted.
I've never found this before on a Transporter.

Assuming that this can be rectified if it is?

cheers chaps.

Hi dudes.
My mate just bought a 2016 T6 former AA vehicle - drives absolutely lovely - 150bhp / 6 Gears as standard.
Trouble is, at 75mph its topped out.
Gets there lovely, no issues, but won't go past 75mph on the needle.

No power losses, no weird symptoms just this restriction.

I speculated that as an ex AA service vehicle it might be restricted.
I've never found this before on a Transporter.

Assuming that this can be rectified if it is?

cheers chaps.
I would imagine it has been restricted.I have exactly the same van,ex AA,150,6 gears and have no problem like that.I got it allready converted so maybe one of the converters could help.I could DM the name of my converter and perhaps get in touch with them if that help.

I would imagine it has been restricted.I have exactly the same van,ex AA,150,6 gears and have no problem like that.I got it allready converted so maybe one of the converters could help.I could DM the name of my converter and perhaps get in touch with them if that help.
I am a converter myself dude, lol, just never had a restricted van... I’ll call around. But thanks for the offer.

I used to own an ex RAC transit which was also restricted. I took it to a local guy who reprogrammed the ecu so I guess it can be done if you know which code to change?

Have you tried vcds, engine control module, adaption, speed limiter restriction change from 112 km and put it up to higher

Something pops to mind you might be lucky but isn’t the latest protocol on the ecu coding different I’m sure I remember some functions disappeared, if not I think texa might be able to do it

Back