EVO kitchen - Unpack 1st impression's

Looks great @$immo. I see you went for the advanced DIYer model. :thumbsup:
Wasn't too bad a build really, best bit of kit was to invest in a proper nylon hammer for all that banding!!! I have a rear overhead locker in my workshop ready to fit. But waiting to fit the seat before I put that up. Hopefully I'll have the seat fitted in 2 weeks.

Not looking forward to drilling through my nice floor to fit it . Measure twice drill once!

U can only ask He is a great guy called Jon they pods etc check there web site

Could some kind soul with these fitted tell me the width and height of the tambour door apertures on the rear full height locker. Seem unable to get these measurements off the Evo design website. Thanks

I picked my Evo furniture up on Friday from Poole. The units are generically designed / cut for a 12mm ply floor so I asked for my units to be cut for a 26mm rise due to the Cali rails / floor I've fitted.
What a fab experience from beginning to end. Fits perfect and accommodates the Cali bed width too :)
I also have the overhead lockers for the rear seat and hob / sink area to fit too.
Any tips on fitting would be appreciated. Also, what backing do people fit to the rear of the units to make them self contained?

evo7.4.jpg

evo7.4_1.jpg

My kitchen is all fitted now and really pleased. Just waiting for my funds to recover to sort out the rear seat! View attachment 17874
Hi @$immo, Any tips to fitting the Evo furniture?
How did you fix the units to the van?
Did the units butt up against the ply side? Mine has a gap between the worktop and the van side.
Did you fit ply to the back of the units to make them self contained?

Hi @$immo, Any tips to fitting the Evo furniture?
How did you fix the units to the van?
Did the units butt up against the ply side? Mine has a gap between the worktop and the van side.
Did you fit ply to the back of the units to make them self contained?

No real tips as such, I had to do a bit of fettling to get a snug fit. I trimmed a couple of mm of the bottom of the wardrobe to get it really snug.
The side walls of my van, I carpeted so the inside of the cupboards in the wardrobe have carpeted rears. The rest of my low unit is mostly drawers so don't see the rears.

I used small metal angle plates that came with the kitchen and screwed it discretely inside the cupboards to the metal bodywork and to the floor. It's nice and solid and no rattles or movement.

Yes I have a small gap down the back of the worktop, but it's only small and if anything drops down I can take out the bottom drawer and retrieve it. But so far nothing has gone down there.

This pic is one I used to send off to DVLA to change over to campervan status on V5 from a van.

IMG_20180217_162526_01.jpg

Hi simmo
any tips for fitting the aluminium corner strips to the units? I have just had to order another 130cm aluminium profile due to the amount it is tight on the 15mm ply....
No mate not really, I fitted that kitchen about 3 years ago. I can't recall any issues with fitting the corners Ali. As with all furniture builds I would use a wood glue as well as the fixings. Just to counter the fact that these items of furniture are in vans, vibrations, flexing of body shell when driving and extreme heat/cold variations.
The kitchens still good now. Had a few catches replaced due to over enthusiastic drawer pulling open. But still going well.

No mate not really, I fitted that kitchen about 3 years ago. I can't recall any issues with fitting the corners Ali. As with all furniture builds I would use a wood glue as well as the fixings. Just to counter the fact that these items of furniture are in vans, vibrations, flexing of body shell when driving and extreme heat/cold variations.
The kitchens still good now. Had a few catches replaced due to over enthusiastic drawer pulling open. But still going well.
ok thanks anyway, I just seem to find sliding the aluminium onto the wood ridiculously tight ! Maybe it has changed slightly since you last fitted yours as Im sure it would stick in your mind if it was as tight as mine is !

Back