EVO kitchen - Unpack 1st impression's

$immo

Built not Bought
T6 Guru
IMG_20171123_202924~2.jpg IMG_20171123_170757~2.jpg IMG_20171123_170830~2.jpg IMG_20171123_170852~2.jpg I have just opened up my flat pack EVO kitchen that I picked up today. Just wanted to say how impressed I am at the quality of it, initial views are it's very extensive and appears to be well sorted. The box of fixings was nicely laid out by the factory and all the panels nicely protected.

The drawers are of a very sturdy construction. I'll update you as I progress through the build and installation over the next few weeks. I'll let you know if they live up to their initial impressions.

What model/variant have you gone for?.
EVO 2.4 pro SWB, it was expensive and took a while to save up for, was convinced on quality following seeing them at Busfest. I figured I'm only fitting a kitchen once so I'll stick a quality one in. I'll see what it's like over the next few weeks.

A Sat of building my Evo 2.4 Pro, went ok lots of edging and screwing but I have got to say it all went together really well. Only expanded pictures for instructions but fairly self explanatory.

Impressed so far, now just a few bits to build, then it will be sorting out where I am going to run water / waste water, gas pipe & electric boxes.

IMG_20171125_202528~2.jpg IMG_20171125_202833~2.jpg IMG_20171125_202840~2.jpg

You’ve already done better than me. By the end of day one, my wife was googling divorce, the dog wouldn’t sit with me and some of the panels were launched.

On the plus side. After some persistence, and a bunch of flowers I’ve now got a quality Evo kit myself.

You’ve already done better than me. By the end of day one, my wife was googling divorce, the dog wouldn’t sit with me and some of the panels were launched.

On the plus side. After some persistence, and a bunch of flowers I’ve now got a quality Evo kit myself.
I was prepared for all of that @Andrew as from a lot of reading on here I was expecting a nightmare build. Either they have improved their kits or all the IKEA units and house kitchen builds have stood Me in good stead. It was fairly pain free although not finished yet!!!

Looks a great set up. I am a bit of a novice with this type of thing but thoroughly enjoyed doing it myself. Felt a bit of an achievement. I had a couple of set backs. I managed to fry my inverter after fitting the units so they all had to come back out again. A new inverter later and the fitting resumed. I turned my last screw about an hour ago.

366D1F43-EABF-4CF6-A2C0-DBA358D74F41.jpeg

Looks a great set up. I am a bit of a novice with this type of thing but thoroughly enjoyed doing it myself. Felt a bit of an achievement. I had a couple of set backs. I managed to fry my inverter after fitting the units so they all had to come back out again. A new inverter later and the fitting resumed. I turned my last screw about an hour ago.

View attachment 15783
Very cool, I've got the led shelf also, yours looks great, really finishes it off. Well done.

Very cool, I've got the led shelf also, yours looks great, really finishes it off. Well done.

Thank you - I'm now looking for stuff to do. Buying some LED light strips for the inset bits on the tall cupboards.

Would be good to see some pictures of yours when you've got it hammered in. I love looking at van interiors, looking for new gadgets. My wife thinks I'm a some kind of van perve..!

Thank you - I'm now looking for stuff to do. Buying some LED light strips for the inset bits on the tall cupboards.

Would be good to see some pictures of yours when you've got it hammered in. I love looking at van interiors, looking for new gadgets. My wife thinks I'm a some kind of van perve..!
I'll be interested to see the LEDs in the cut out shelves on the wardrobe, I haven't even thought that far ahead. Post up some pics when your done. I will do likewise.

I'll be interested to see the LEDs in the cut out shelves on the wardrobe, I haven't even thought that far ahead. Post up some pics when your done. I will do likewise.

Will do - Decided to run power to a switch on the top shelf which will then run to the LEDs. Looking forward to doing it at the weekend. Good luck fitting yours.. :)

Well that’s me done. LEDs in place and new plug sockets sorted.

The LEDs look brighter on the photo than they do int van. Wired them up, along with the LED shelf to a switch that sits behind the monkey.

141999AC-B909-4EF2-AEE4-D2B55AB37402.jpeg

Is that their new Bamboo work top? I went to have a look the other day but they could only show me a chopping board!

I have to admit that I kept monkey in the picture on purpose. He’s a Mrs @BiTurbo beauty.
I have two of his brothers who live in the dash cup holders of my van. Those extra sets of eyes looking forward helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

Looks a nice piece of kit, I'm thinking of ordering one myself soon as I've got a weekend free to fit it. Does anyone know if they will tailor units to your needs slightly, I'm not looking to fit a sink/hob combination as I wont be cooking inside the van its mainly storage space I need, thanks.

Looks a nice piece of kit, I'm thinking of ordering one myself soon as I've got a weekend free to fit it. Does anyone know if they will tailor units to your needs slightly, I'm not looking to fit a sink/hob combination as I wont be cooking inside the van its mainly storage space I need, thanks.
I'm sure they will accommodate you, they are all made in house down at their unit just outside Poole. I believe they start with plain sheets, so if you don't want something cut out they would just supply a plain sheet cut too shape.

Back