Evo kitchen build

Andymc

T6 Pro
Ok as per my other posts my Evo motion kitchen has been dispatched and is on its way...

Now the hard part putting it all together. So with this in mind does anybody have any tips, order to build in or special tools I will need?
If you have built an Evo kitchen please get in touch as I want to make this as painless as possible and not have to bodge any part of it..

Rubber mallet with a sock on it for the trim.....miles of trim, lay out everything to work out what goes where and then enjoy the build.

Simply search the forum.... Evo motion. There’s a lot of us that have been there and offered our inputs and experiences via threads...

As previously mentioned buy a nylon club hammer I used this one so much.

Also if it's cold, place the edge trim on a radiator and fit it straight off the radiator so it's soft and pliable.

To start, I went through all the parts to figure out what was what. I numbered the panels and added the numbers to the drawings , so when I came to assembly, I could easily find what I needed.
Also helped me identify a couple of issues with my kit.

I also ordered a cordless ratchet wrench for fixing all those screws in awkward corners.

Simon

Great advice, cheers.. It arrived this morning so first job, clear a space in the garage to build it!

Check you've got all the parts i got mine a couple weeks back and it was missing about 5 or 6 different items, They did send them all next day via DHL, so no big issues just delayed the build. You'll find that some places need screws but there isn't holes with the plastic inserts for them, so you can either drill with a 5.5mm drill and put the insert in or just send the screw in with an impacter

I found this video useful. The only real problem I had was when it came to clamping the hob/sink in, there were fixings in the way. So, test fit your 'kitchen' before building the unit, so you know it will clamp down nicely. Trying to do it on a built unit, juggling the rubber seal, along with a bead of sealant was a little irksome.....
Bed boards (covering the base of RnR bed), if these aren't attached firmly and square/straight, the doors will squeak on the rubber trim and not sit right. Adjust hinges for door alignment before fixing the boards to your seat.
If drilling holes for those plastic inserts, mark drill depth with masking tape.
Leave the protective plastic on as long as you can.

Also forgot to mention, bought the smev hob/sink in with the package, hole was pre cut by evo for the hob, when it came to fitting after i had built the unit, one of the uprights held it off so ended up routing some of it out to make it fit, wasn't best please with that.

Mallet for edging as everyone has said, and mallet for the little plastic grommets. A neat trick for the door hinges, put in the edging first for the doors and in the recess for the hinge then cut out the edging that escapes into the recess. Id also suggest gloves as the vaneer if splinters off can be pretty sharp.
Last tip, I had the hole for the sink cut and had 4 weird pieces that I thought were odd offcuts, chucked them away. Turned out they were for fixing the sink in! Luckily I had some spare ply I used to get the job done. Slightly annoyed that the instructions didnt have that part in it but heyho it didnt really matter in the end. Really happy with the rest of the kitchen and it looks and works really well!

I’ve found a lot of the hole were missing for the inserts, so had to mark everything and tape a drill up to ensure correct depth.

Just got the sink/hob to fit and the splash back.

Think I'm pretty sold on using them for my furniture, does any one have any photos available of their fitting process and how tight of a fit and flush it goes to the wall, just wondering on best fixing methods

I'm afraid I don't, but I'm also looking at Evo furniture and looking for any feedback (positive or negative) about them as well as any hints or tips for installation.

We're looking at a 130 rib bed with slimline furniture.

I've only built a kitchen pod but one thing I found - I wish they had put in an offcut to practise the knock on edging.

It's pretty quick to get the hang of but the first few inches was a bit iffy.

Being a rear pod I don't have to look at it often so doesn't bother me too much. If I was doing a big kitchen that I'd see for the next 5 years I'd order the matching seat base covers to have a practice on first!

I've fitted two evo kitchens now and found the quality and back up service very good. Don't rush the build, watch you tube vids. As someone else posted, don't bin the 4 sink retaining bits!
With the edging, warming is good idea, also knocking on with a length of hardwood can eliminate dimples.
I made a little jig to help cutting the ends square. Cut notches out of the tongue bit of the edging to turn external corners and put cuts in for internal. Cut slightly over length before joining the ends and knock in place.
If you have the radiused tambour door unit behind the drivers seat, I'm a bit anal and thought the front corner of the worktop looked a bit weak if leaned on or used as a footrest for roof access so I re I forced it inside the track with some 12mm ply

Back