Euro5 regen

Stripy

T6 Pro
Hi
My t6 140 is a year old now and we have covered just over 8000 miles, I have never heard it making jet engine noises or had the fan running when walking away from it.

Does the euro5 not suffer with the regen like the euro6, or have I just been lucky

Cheers john

They do regen, with the fan etc but nowhere near as much as the euro 6. If you drive pretty hard it burns most of the soot off without the regen anyway. No stop-start, higher tick-over and hot burning type of smell are also giveaways as well.

If you've VCDS it'll show the distance and time since last regen

Thanks Mark
I have no vcds so can't check, I'm pretty sure that mine hasn't, maybe because although not used during the week, at weekends it normally has a run and I use shell v power fuel...........maybe!!

Can't say that I have ever noticed a regen. T30 140 Euro 5, just over 20k miles.

Thanks Mark
I have no vcds so can't check, I'm pretty sure that mine hasn't, maybe because although not used during the week, at weekends it normally has a run and I use shell v power fuel...........maybe!!

It's done loads I bet !

I checked a few times on mine after thinking it hasn't done one for a while-sort of thinking the last would be 3 weeks ago and 1000 miles back only to find out it was 50 miles back and on the last journey....!

140 euro 5 had the jet engine a few times, it only happens when you turn the engine off mid regen mine was mostly early on seems less with more miles

Used to do it on my A6, I often used to get phone calls in the office at work asking if id left my engine running !!

Used to do it on my A6, I often used to get phone calls in the office at work asking if id left my engine running !!

The engine has to be running for it work.

In 16 months, and 28k I have still yet to notice a regen, and believe me I know what I'm looking for,(long story for another day but got rid of my T5 because of faulty ECU and regens). I do however do a lot go motorway miles, and on occasion notice a dramatic drop in mpg on a regular route where I know what to expect. I was told somewhere they will do a regen every 400 hundred miles on average, so that would be two a tank.

The engine has to be running for it work.

In 16 months, and 28k I have still yet to notice a regen, and believe me I know what I'm looking for,(long story for another day but got rid of my T5 because of faulty ECU and regens). I do however do a lot go motorway miles, and on occasion notice a dramatic drop in mpg on a regular route where I know what to expect. I was told somewhere they will do a regen every 400 hundred miles on average, so that would be two a tank.
I was having a blonde moment, I was on about my fan :rofl:

Back