EU5 140 CAAC Engine Oil Change

Rob2500

Hi guys. I brought a new LWB T6 in July 2019. It's done 30,000km. Dealer is virus closed. Brought oil and filter today. 2.0 diesel CAAC 103kw and 340nm. They sold me 7 litres of oil and a cartridge filter. Can you please give me instructions where oil filter is etc and other relevant details as if I get it wrong I have no dealer to fix it. Plenty of past self maintenance experience on T4 but being careful here. Thanks guys.

Interested in this. My van was booked in for a service and inspection, its saying 42 days or 1100 miles on the dash, but its been cancelled.

Mine is a Eu5 108 BitTdi, I will have to try this myself if I can get the oil and filters. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi people can any one tell me how much oil goes in t6 2016 I think it’s a euro 5 140 I’ve seen 7L and 7.4 L thanks kirk

Get 8 and you’ll have a bit for topping up! Difference may be whether you change the filter or not. New oil old filter is an opportunity missed IMHO.

I’ve used quantum longlife 3 available via the dealers and TPS if they’ll serve you, so VW approved oil.

Get 8 and you’ll have a bit for topping up! Difference may be whether you change the filter or not. New oil old filter is an opportunity missed IMHO.

I’ve used quantum longlife 3 available via the dealers and TPS if they’ll serve you, so VW approved oil.
Thanks mate for the reply I got quantum oil from tps and all the filters got 10l of it just changed it and put 7.2 in have changed filter but I read somewhere it was 7 then read somewhere 7.4 it’s at the top of checkered section of dipstick but then they is little notch a few mill above that I think that must be maximum don’t want to over fill it lol

have you ever done fuel filter one with 4 pipes was going to fill new filter with diesel first then prime a few times on ignition to get it going but again read you need to run pump though the Vcds program
thanks for your help

Why won’t anyone change the oil filter at the same time as an oil change?
It dose not make sense to me if your changing oil the expensive part of the job y not do oil filter at the same time they r not expensive to buy I do know some one who changes his oil twice a year but the filter only once lol

Last edited:
it’s at the top of checkered section of dipstick

Remember you should check it when the engine is hot and left for 15 mins for oil to drain back down.

If it's at the top of the checkered area when cold it will be right on the limit when expanded and hot.

Our 140 engine takes 7L with a filter change.

have you ever done fuel filter one with 4 pipes was going to fill new filter with diesel first then prime a few times on ignition to get it going but again read you need to run pump though the Vcds program
What @Paynewright said - that worked for me.

I filled the filter up with new fuel locked and opened door a few times it fired straight up I Bet the neighbors was thinking what the hell is he doing lol thanks for advice

Remember you should check it when the engine is hot and left for 15 mins for oil to drain back down.

If it's at the top of the checkered area when cold it will be right on the limit when expanded and hot.

Our 140 engine takes 7L with a filter change.
Hi dilbert is yours like this I’ve seen some were cross hatch section is a lot bigger thanks kirk

73F00705-DBF7-46AC-AB0A-D6203A76C5B8.jpeg

E7AC3457-C19F-4A20-A5BA-2EB91063645E.jpeg

Back