Eton T6 Speakers, Anyone Running With An Amp?

kn0bby

T6 Guru
Just thinking while I’m doing the install is it worth installing an amp at the same time?

no sub at the moment, no room.

I had a re-read of the Eton threads recently and didn’t see anyone had installed an amp.

Regarding a sub, I’m in the same boat with space - I did ponder as to whether a sub would fit in that dash speaker cover that Van-X are now selling... not sure how that would cope with rattles, mind.

I have recently installed Eton speakers without an amp (with the factory head unit) and I am very impressed with them. I personally don't feel they need an amp - probably worth trying them without and then deciding!

I had a re-read of the Eton threads recently and didn’t see anyone had installed an amp.

Regarding a sub, I’m in the same boat with space - I did ponder as to whether a sub would fit in that dash speaker cover that Van-X are now selling... not sure how that would cope with rattles, mind.

Same I’ve read loads of posts and couldn’t see anything.

Oooh let me check out the van x product. I have stuff under both front captain seats so not really an option. Need to have a think.

I fitted a VIBE micro amp with the Blamo`s . . . . . Audio Upgrade Stage-1 . . . . Blam Relax 200rs Speakers From Skipton.

as a temp measure until i get the full amps/sub setup.

Plug N Play . . . . sort of. (needed to chop out some of the rear plastic cage to make room for the new loom)

i just squeezed it up above the glovebox/cubby hole for now

VW T6 Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play

thanks I’ll check it out.

I have recently installed Eton speakers without an amp (with the factory head unit) and I am very impressed with them. I personally don't feel they need an amp - probably worth trying them without and then deciding!

I think you are right. I’ll try them without first.

We have done a few with a small Kenwood amp and it really brings them alive

We have done a few with a small Kenwood amp and it really brings them alive

Where do you mount it normally? Can you supply?

The misses has just got an A3 with a Bang and Olufsen system and it’s just made me realise how rubbish the T6 system is.

Where do you mount it normally? Can you supply?

The misses has just got an A3 with a Bang and Olufsen system and it’s just made me realise how rubbish the T6 system is.

It can mount behind the top pocket ( top glove box if you have comfort dash) or under seat

We can supply this along with the Etons

If you want to go one better that the A3 B&O system then out Signature audio setups will blow it away

It can mount behind the top pocket ( top glove box if you have comfort dash) or under seat

We can supply this along with the Etons

If you want to go one better that the A3 B&O system then out Signature audio setups will blow it away

I got a cheap set of Eton’s from someone who was taking a different direction.. I think they should be fine for me. Just pondering on a small sub and location.. I have stuff under both seats and have a full camper.

How much is the AMP and whats involved in connecting to the Kenwood 9180?

I suggest amping them you probably will find you will not want a sub.

Also a compromise on a sub can result in poor performance

I can supply the small Kenwood (adjustable gains and crossovers ) amp as a plug and play set up for £150.00

This is a four channel so can run rear speakers, or if you want you could run the door and tweeters separately but would require more wiring/Labour

I can supply the small Kenwood (adjustable gains and crossovers ) amp as a plug and play set up for £150.00

This is a four channel so can run rear speakers, or if you want you could run the door and tweeters separately but would require more wiring/Labour

Thanks.. PM’d

Started the install today.. Rain has really been causing me some troubles trying to get started.

Got the door speakers in.. Tweeters to go tomorrow.

So amp behind the dash.. Anyone got any pics of where and how?

Started the install today.. Rain has really been causing me some troubles trying to get started.

Cant help with position or amp install, but I would be really interested in if you ran the speakers for a week or so before the amp and then review :)

Cant help with position or amp install, but I would be really interested in if you ran the speakers for a week or so before the amp and then review :)

That will 100% be happening. I’m not going to get time today to get the dash apart. Should get enough time to finish off the door speakers and get the tweeters fitted.

Doors feel a lot heavier and substantial now lol.

Do you have a standard sized head unit @kn0bby . Double din face but single din size at the rear. If so, plenty room underneath the head unit for a small power pack amp.

20181212_131220.jpg

Unfortunately not. Mines one of the KENWOOD full size units.

need to get the top glove box out see what rooms behind there.

My thoughts on the Eton component upgrades...

Easy fitting.. the sound deadening and prep took longer than the speaker fitting..

Sounds quality is much better than the original transporter speakers. Far more base and clarity. The original setup you couldn't feel the music, now you can really feel the music which I was really looking for.

I am running the Kenwood DNX9180DABS head unit, at 25% volume you can start to hear them waking up, at 50% its starting to come alive, then 70-75% its pumping, after this it falls off a cliff, the tweeters start to crackle. I'm guessing its where they are running out of power.. At 70-75% they sound great but not quite loud enough for me. Fingers crossed the amp lets them go louder and keep the quality.

Hi I have a set of the Etons. I’m interested in the Kenwood. Can you pm me some more details please inc a phone number. I would like to phone and sort things tomorrow (Friday) pm. Thanks.

Hi I have a set of the Etons. I’m interested in the Kenwood. Can you pm me some more details please inc a phone number. I would like to phone and sort things tomorrow (Friday) pm. Thanks.
Pm has been sent

Back