Error ACC: Front Assist Unavailable

CamperIan

Hi all,
I've just had a towbar fitted with dedicated electrics to a T6.1 2021 model and I'm getting this error.
Auto electrician reckons it'll clear when it's driven but I find this very hard to believe.

Thanks
Ian

That fault does clear, I've had it before and it seems to happen when the unit disconnects itself due to too many errors. In my case, it was a spiders web in front of the sensor. I wiped it, fault cleared, 2 days later fault again, new spider's web! (fixed slightly longer-term with fly spray).
I suspect yours may be due to having the battery disconnected.

If it doesn't reset itself, you will need a scan to see the recorded faults.

Hi Loz
Perfect, I'm sure there's been plenty of errors and ignition on with things disconected as it's also having a full conversion.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have a diag tool for my 5.1 but I'm assuming it's all changed for the 6.1?
Cheers
Ian

I had this after hitting a pigeon, had knocked my sensor slightly, just a quick adjustment and problem solved.

I had this after hitting a pigeon, had knocked my sensor slightly, just a quick adjustment and problem solved.

It's Leicestershire Pigeons, they're nuts. We hit one on the M1 yesterday, but thankfully it hit my A-Pillar, which has to be the toughest part of the van to dive bomb, although I'm not sure what it'd been eating because it was a sod to remove off the roof :sick:

It's Leicestershire Pigeons, they're nuts. We hit one on the M1 yesterday, but thankfully it hit my A-Pillar, which has to be the toughest part of the van to dive bomb, although I'm not sure what it'd been eating because it was a sod to remove off the roof :sick:
It's probably all the Gregg's pasties and chips they eat making them all hench and angry. Bet it made a right mess of you gleaming paintwork o_O

I have the same problem on my crafter.
When you say adjust / clean the sensor do you have to remove the bumper to get it out . Cheers

Back