Engine won’t start/run after engine change

Kaph

Hi, i will try to make This long story short.
I bought my transporter 2016 150hp 2.0tdi with DSG and 4-Motion from a buddy of mine That have had it since it was new.
It recently was running bad at idle, so the dealer tryed to change all the 4 injectors and it became a little better but not Good, so they did a Compression test.
The test said that cylinder 1 was gone, and the dealer was so expensive that he sold the car to me instead.

Well, i have changed the engine for a factory overhauled engine. And now it wont start.
I can Get it running for like 3-5 seconds but then it stops.

The high pressure system has been drained, and i have activated the feeding pump for a long time to Get the air out of the low pressure circuit.

Have done the timing belt according to the manual.

Have checked that it comes fuel from the return Line out of the hp fuel pump..
getting out of ideas..

No faultcodes in vcds.

See YouTube video When i try to crank it over:

Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
No faultcodes in vcds.
(1) Please post full VCDS Auto-Scan.

(2) Perhaps you could try the procedure below and post the resulting files here:

i got this log file but i could not open it?
does it help you guys?

Attachments

• log startup.csv
    2.2 KB · Views: 4
I also found This in the injector correction value That was strange?
On all the 3 injectors Numbers are the ones on the injector, but on Number 4 it only says 70?

See pictures:

8F45182A-B6CD-4900-9DFA-224B88F57C52.jpeg

61F9D6F3-1C37-49E5-AB9B-9FAEB602CD22.jpeg

Nothing obvious in the log yet - green are good: injection started, fuel pressure was correct

However - for some reason the injection then had ceased (red).

Unfortunately your old interface is very slow for a proper recording - see time stamps in left column - recorded events are approx. 2.4 seconds apart which makes very difficult to see actual timeline of events.

1653145898629.png

On all the 3 injectors Numbers are the ones on the injector, but on Number 4 it only says 70?
Definitely wrong value there - should be the same value (20 characters) as stamped on the injector of 4th cylinder.
Please replace it with the correct value!

When i try i only Get This message?
Before entering into Adaptation, did you try enter access code under "Security Access"? However, in that case I would have expected the error message to be clearly stating something "Security access required...", instead of such a cryptic message.

I'm afraid your interface cable is not capable of adapting/coding this ECU (Delphi DCM6.2).
You would need genuine VCDS HEX-V2 or HEX-NET-interface to successfully adapt the ECU.

Well, i got a guy with a working ross tech vcds today and the injector coding was ok.
But after a lot of starting attempts i got the car running, but only on 3 sylinders it seems.

After the first time it would run i got the error: Error code P1007 - 24840 - Torque Difference Cylinder 4 P1007 00 [039] - Limit Value Exceeded

Deleted This code but it still runs on 3 sylinders but it does not come Back.

All the 4 injectors are new oem vw injectors. Coded inn correctly.

Any ideas other then a shot Ecu?
Could not still be air in the system? Have had it running for about 20 minutes total. But it shakes a lot, and Even more if i try to drive.

Back