Engine shaking (running on 3 cylinders) - error code P1007

Sanyes

490,000km
T6 Pro
The other day, I started my van, started normally. ( It was cold outside but it started without hiccups)
Made a few miles in the city, all was fine but when I get on the motorway, the van started to shake.
Initially thought some motor mounts failed, wheels unbalanced something like that.
After more miles, the engine started shaking more violently but only on acceleration.
When the van wasn't under load, it didn't shake but when I had to accelerate (to pass other vehicles or climb a hill) it shaked pretty violently and was underpowered.
I drove like this for 100 miles and no warning lights appeared.

When I got to my destination, I pulled my Carista and run a diagnose.
Error code P1007 came up - 24840 - Torque Difference Cylinder 4 P1007 00 [039] - Limit Value Exceeded
Than I decided to head back home (another 170 miles)
The engine started easily, still no warning lights.
I got back home and the only 60 miles before I got home, the check engine light came on.
I pulled a diagnose on VCDS when I got home (I'll attach the logs)

After a couple of nights, today I brought it to a mechanic (even if it was very cold -10 Celsius) it started "almost" like normal (considering it runs only on 3 cylinders)
He said first thing, will do a compression test.
Before he can get a diagnose, I thought maybe someone has some clue what could be the issue
There wasn't any smoke when starting engine in the morning or when I was on the highway.
There wasn't any sign prior to the engine to start shaking on acceleration

According to ross-tech website, for this error code:

Possible Causes​

• Injector(s) leaky/dirty
  • Compression loss

Possible Solutions​

• Check Injector(s)
  • Check Compression
I presume it's some mechanical failure (can't figure out what sort)

Attachments

• 21.01.2022_MM_31_PNC.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Engine_PNC.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 20
280K miles !!!!!! Compression test I'd say. Something like a burnt out valve if it came on suddenly and no smoke. I'd say you've had your money's worth out of that motor!! :)

280K miles !!!!!! Compression test I'd say. Something like a burnt out valve if it came on suddenly and no smoke. I'd say you've had your money's worth out of that motor!! :)
Unfortunately I didn't do all does miles. :rolleyes:
I am the second owner.

Because of the DPF you'll not see any smoke that would give an indication of anything going wrong. If it was my van I'd be puling all four injectors. First check would be a compression test comparing all four cylinders (I'm not expecting an issue here). Second test would be to get the injectors checked for delivery and how much diesel is being returned to the filter head/tank. I'm expecting one of your injectors is either not delivering properly or is leaking too much diesel back to the tank so you could just get new nozzles fitted to them or fit an exchange set of injectors (do all four).

My other thought was an electrical issue to one of the injectors but that should throw a fault code so should be ruled out.

Update on the situation
Couldn't get out the glow plug on cylinder 4 and didn't want to risk it snaping it.
The other 3 cylinders were "in parameters" according to millage. (not great not terrible :D )
Next step is to send the injectors for testing.

The advice around removing glow plugs is to do it when the engine is hot........but fit them when the engine is cold. Apply penetrating oil several hours before hand or even daily once a week before attempting removal isn't unheard of too.

My injectors are shot, all 4 of them and can't be refurbished. The guys that did the check were amazed in what condition they are. :eek: (they are the original injectors the van came with)
My options at this point are buying 4 new injectors, buying second-hand refurbished ones or (and this is my ideea) buy a new engine.
My question is: What modification do I need to do if I buy a new engine? (don't know if it comes with an ECU)

Check the compression on the last cylinder before you do anything else. Your mechanic should be able to do this through the hole where the injector was. If it's similar to the other cylinders just get a set of recon exchange injectors fitted (circa 500 Euro for recon injectors on your Euro 6). A known good replacement engine is likely to be 6000 Euro.

280K miles is nothing on modern diesel engines.

Check the compression on the last cylinder before you do anything else. Your mechanic should be able to do this through the hole where the injector was. If it's similar to the other cylinders just get a set of recon exchange injectors fitted (circa 500 Euro for recon injectors on your Euro 6). A known good replacement engine is likely to be 6000 Euro.

280K miles is nothing on modern diesel engines.
I considered and re-considered what to do best and decided to buy a new engine.
Found one for 3k euros that has under 16k miles on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okey, i got the same problem, swapped engine and injectors, but moved the other parts over. Still the same problem.

Okey, i got the same problem, swapped engine and injectors, but moved the other parts over. Still the same problem.
I bought the engine complete with injectors, high pressure system , etc
Only the ECU was left from the old engine

Sou... hey guys i found real reason why this is happening to t6 2.0tdi engines..

Starting point i have 170k km on odo...
weary rarely when i started cold engine after 100meter of driving i got flashing glow plug, no power and shaking engine like half a injectors not working..
Fault code:
30802 - Supply Voltage for Fuel Injector Group B
P2149 00 [167] - Open Circuit

after 30sec... recycle ignition and all day no problem..

after month this happened every day even sometimes when engine is hot

after week i got something new, engine shaking no power and fault code:
P1007 came up - 24840 - Torque Difference Cylinder 4

i disassembled engine measured compression and it was 5bar to cyl4 and 6bar to cyl1 not good right? engine totaled?! BUT NO

SULUTION
There is some manufacturing or assembly issue on t6 engines!
If you or mechanic/manufacture puts timing belt as in manual, engine will work, after some time timing bel will little bit strech and you will got incorrect valve opening and closing and losing compression.

On cam tooth in manual you need to be close as in zero position (----0----)
but if you got those problem you actuality need adjust cam gear to one tooth like this (------0--) (by looking to sprocket)
after that no problems anymore.:)

Sou ... hé les gars, j'ai trouvé la vraie raison pour laquelle cela arrive aux moteurs t6 2.0tdi ..

Point de départ j'ai 170k km sur odo...
fatigué rarement quand j'ai démarré le moteur froid après 100 mètres de conduite, j'ai eu une bougie de préchauffage clignotante, pas d'alimentation et un moteur tremblant comme la moitié d'un injecteur ne fonctionnant pas ..
Code d'erreur:
30802 - Tension d'alimentation pour injecteur de carburant groupe B
P2149 00 [167] - Circuit ouvert

après 30sec...recycler l'allumage et toute la journée sans problème..

au bout d'un mois cela arrivait tous les jours même parfois quand le moteur était chaud

après une semaine, j'ai eu quelque chose de nouveau, le moteur ne tremblait pas et le code d'erreur :
P1007 est apparu - 24840 - Différence de couple cylindre 4

J'ai démonté le moteur, j'ai mesuré la compression et c'était 5 bars à cyl4 et 6 bars à cyl1 pas bon, n'est-ce pas ? moteur totalisé ? ! MAIS NON

SULUTION
Il y a un problème de fabrication ou d'assemblage sur les moteurs t6 !
Si vous ou le mécanicien/fabricant mettez la courroie de distribution comme dans le manuel, le moteur fonctionnera, après un certain temps, la courroie de synchronisation s'étirera un peu et vous obtiendrez une ouverture et une fermeture incorrectes des soupapes et une perte de compression.

Sur la dent de came en manuel, vous devez être proche comme en position zéro (----0----)
mais si vous avez ces problèmes, vous devez en réalité ajuster l'engrenage à came sur une dent comme celle-ci (------0--) (en regardant le pignon)
après plus de problème.:)
Bonjour
êtes-vous sûr de cela ?
car j'ai changé le moteur par un reconditionné 0 km avec des injecteurs neufs et après 500 KM il vibre à 2000 tours et fume un peu

Sou... hey guys i found real reason why this is happening to t6 2.0tdi engines..

Starting point i have 170k km on odo...
weary rarely when i started cold engine after 100meter of driving i got flashing glow plug, no power and shaking engine like half a injectors not working..
Fault code:
30802 - Supply Voltage for Fuel Injector Group B
P2149 00 [167] - Open Circuit

after 30sec... recycle ignition and all day no problem..

after month this happened every day even sometimes when engine is hot

after week i got something new, engine shaking no power and fault code:
P1007 came up - 24840 - Torque Difference Cylinder 4

i disassembled engine measured compression and it was 5bar to cyl4 and 6bar to cyl1 not good right? engine totaled?! BUT NO

SULUTION
There is some manufacturing or assembly issue on t6 engines!
If you or mechanic/manufacture puts timing belt as in manual, engine will work, after some time timing bel will little bit strech and you will got incorrect valve opening and closing and losing compression.

On cam tooth in manual you need to be close as in zero position (----0----)
but if you got those problem you actuality need adjust cam gear to one tooth like this (------0--) (by looking to sprocket)
after that no problems anymore.:)
Good morning
are you sure about that?
because I changed the engine with a reconditioned one 0 km with new injectors and after 500 KM it vibrates at 2000 rpm and smokes a little

Good morning
are you sure about that?
because I changed the engine with a reconditioned one 0 km with new injectors and after 500 KM it vibrates at 2000 rpm and smokes a little
Yes, just try nothing bad can happend, im sure that it will fix your problem!
change cam by one tooth

Assuming the reconditioned engine is supplied with warranty it will probably be void if the engine timing is anything other than correct.

Back