Engine Rattle Noise?!!

Hi, new to the site and this sounds just like what I heard at the weekend on a van I'm really interested in but the sound has me spooked. Even more now the figure £1600 has been mentioned.
It's a 65plate 140 euro5 DSG, 15k on the clock.
Did it turn out to be DMF?

Hi forgot to update on this. Yes it was the dual mass flywheel took Vw nearly a month to fix it! Then got it back and was making a buzzing noise from behind the dash!! Had enough and gave it back to them now I have gone back to a transit!

Thank for the reply! Sorry to hear you had this bad experience, now I'm really worried!
Thinking I'll get it checked out by VWCV before I buy, only 15k miles and a lot of people tell me it should be fine,but....

I didn't need anything done in the end. A very trusted local independent took a look, a listen and checked it and no cause for concern - just a diesel being a diesel.

As a result I just stopped worrying about it. Now it is at about 41k I can't honestly say if it is still doing it or not. I'll check next time I'm out and about...

I didn't need anything done in the end. A very trusted local independent took a look, a listen and checked it and no cause for concern - just a diesel being a diesel.

As a result I just stopped worrying about it. Now it is at about 41k I can't honestly say if it is still doing it or not. I'll check next time I'm out and about...
Thanks,
took mine to a local independent this morning and they say it needs stripping down as it appears to be coming from the head. Went out of warranty in June , typical!

I am sceptical about the 24 month warranty on warranty repairs, as I understand it, if you had a dmf changed in the last week of your warranty, it's warranty runs out when the original warranty runs out UNLESS you made a contribution to the cost of the repairs, say you paid for a clutch plate to be fitted at the sane time as the warranty repair?

Back