Engine Management Light - P20EE/31103 What to Do??

2018 T6 SWB 150 6 speed

Started getting this annoying fault code now. The primary use of my van is to travel between Cornwall and London once a week so excluding M3/M25 it is sat at 60-65mph for long durations (I haven't used cruise control on my last trip).

So.. short journeys kill a DPF but proper use of a diesel vehicle, long journeys is killing something else?!

The Ad Blue is showing 3500 miles, 1-1.25Ga between min/max. It only dropped 1500 mile range with the last 3000 miles worth of journeys.. blocked Ad Blue injector maybe?

My local VW Van Centre (50 miles away) doesn't know anything about the AdBlue software update so I'm booked into a Van Centre 280 miles away but close to work to have the update done just before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Thought I would post an update on my problems with the above codes and EML

I have had the above probably 5 times since April along with P204F and 33262. The Van has been back to the dealers or VW assist the same number of times without remedy in fact on one occasion it came out with a major Adblue fault it didn't go in with due to the so called master tech not clipping the delivery pipe back in properly.

the strange thing is that the warning light only triggers when on a 100 mile or so run, a bit like what has been mentioned elsewhere. the VW assist guys were both convinced it is an intermittent fault with the Adblue delivery system which is why it comes on during a run as they claim that it is under these conditions the diagnostics can calibrate properly and do their live testing.

anyway the dealers disagree. it appears they have set test regimes that they stick to, no thinking outside of the box, and what ever the computer says they follow

so to date the Van has had:
  • a few DPF forced regens
  • software update along with complimentary Adblu refills
  • glow plug 3 replaced
  • Adblue delivery system checked and measured at least twice
  • and finally and hopefully successfully the VW computer pointed the tech to the next default check on the list being the air intake system and it is reported that he found a leak on the Turbo pipe seal which has now been replaced. he seems very confident that this should solve the issue given the leak was immediately evident however do I share his confidence I am not sure. will be doing a run next week so watch this space for an update.
Interesting that for all those suffering this issue that this could be an item to look at ...... the problem is the P20EE code is so generic

Nope. Back in today. Got to now pay for them to look for a fault they haven’t found in four attempts so far

Back