Engine Bay Covers

Rich

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Anyone bought/used a set of engine bay cover(s) from the T5 at all? If so does it fit?. I know I don't need one, but I sort of wanted one for my old T5 but didn't get one, and am tempted now for my nice new clean engine.

Thanks!

I could try mine from the T5 but tbh I don't think it will look great because the slam panel is different. I've see them on T5 GP's and they didn't look great. surely VW are missing a trick by not making these for the T6?

T5 Engine Cover does not fit the T6, tried and tested:-(

Are we sure that VW do not make one for the T6? Does the Carevelle T6 not come with an engine cover? Very poor if it doesn't!

They do exist, fitted standard on caravelle or california or maybe both cant remember, never seen one in the flesh though
Hopefully @Caravellet6 or @Polzeylad may be able to show us how the other half live :notworthy:

Interesting! - I had basically given up and decided this wasn't going to happen, but if they are on the caravelle then there might be a chance! (Unless it is like the piano dash parts and you need to remove the whole engine and remodel the chassis just to fix the cover on.

@Rich I fitted a an engine cover to my T5 Panel Van from a T5 Caravelle, it was a straight swop. I imagine it will be the same for the T6. It's certainly something that I'm interested in so I'll look into it and see if i can gather together the Pt No's.

Have looked into the engine covers and the official verdict is they are engine dependant and as only velles & calis have them which are euro 6 engines then the covers from these will only fit euro 6 vehicles.
If that is the case then a T5.1 with a euro 5 engine should fit the euro 5 T6 but sounds like it doesnt due to overall different shape - if this is the case it sounds like all T6 euro 5 engines are not going to have a cover !!

This is the diagram for the engine covers, part 40 comes with part 41 also but think you would need 42,43,44 as well ??
Hopefully @Caravellet6 can confirm if this looks like the one off of a caravelle

IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

Well I can tell you there is not one on my Cali Beach I just bought you think there would be at the price it cost :mad:

It's it just me or is it not necessary to check engine oil levels now a days ? Fitting my new engine cover ( sorry part engine cover ) noticed that I can't pull out the dip stick . Is it just me or am l missing something ,who's the dip stick?

Back