Engine bay cable route through bulkhead/firewall

I am having heating installed in my SWB T6 next week and due to the 2nd battery being under the front seat, the twin passenger seat being on a swival and the location for the storing the table being the front seat it's proposed the heating vent (swival and angled) will sit on the floor behind the seats around the line of the handbreak.
Can anyone confirm there are no cables running the length of the van which could make this option a no no?
Looking at a photo on a LWB T6 on the forum yesterday (attached) I saw new van which had been stripped ready for a conversion the front shows two looms which if they go to the back of the van is not good for my needs. not sure what these looms are for?
Thanks for any info given

IMG_2711.JPG

That's great then as shey shouldn't interfear with heating duct :)

Why not consider fitting the intake and vent using oem factory parts. Air intake in the drivers step and the heater vents in the drivers side B pillar. Have a read through this thread. Fitting the OEM Auxillary Heating Ductwork

Dale, is that camper furniture in your avatar?
If so, an OEM heater duct fit-out might not be worth it if your furniture will block the airflow.
The step intake will still work - there’s the option of using that as your heater outlet, but then the back of the van won’t warm up as quickly.

If it is furniture you have, what have Propex said about routing the heater outlet up through the floor a bit further back, so it exits via the kick-boards beneath your cabinets?

Dale, is that camper furniture in your avatar?
If so, an OEM heater duct fit-out might not be worth it if your furniture will block the airflow.
The step intake will still work - there’s the option of using that as your heater outlet, but then the back of the van won’t warm up as quickly.

If it is furniture you have, what have Propex said about routing the heater outlet up through the floor a bit further back, so it exits via the kick-boards beneath your cabinets?
Yes, I have full furniture and Propex will be using the side step for the 'intake' (agreed the rear of the van wouldn't heat well if this were used for the outlet plus the outlet gets really hot - so I'm told).
I will look again at the rib/seat kickplate though I think there're other reasons why that won't work hence the proposed outlet coming through the floor as mentioned.
For sure it'd have been so much better if heating had ben installed at the time of the conversion or at least provision for it :)

Last edited:
An
Yes, I have full furniture and Propex will be using the side step for the 'intake' (agreed the rear of the van wouldn't heat well if this were used for the outlet plus the outlet gets really hoy - so I'm told).
I will look again at the rib kickplate though I think there're other reasons why that won't work hence the proposed outlet coming through the floor as mentioned.
For sure it'd have been so much better if heating had ben installed at the time of the conversion or at least provision for it :)
And there’s definitely no room to bring it up beside the aux battery under your drivers’ seat?

An

And there’s definitely no room to bring it up beside the aux battery under your drivers’ seat?
Hi, no, the space under the seat is taken up with the 2nd battery and the back plate is fitted with a marine battery isolataion switch as well so under the seat is just not possible :sick:

hello mates !

Is there a secret passage between the passenger compartment and the engine compartment ?

I want to fit a camera into the front grill so I need
to send cables from interior to front bumper.

Do you know where I can find it ?

Thanks a lot

Grommet behind the battery. Poke the cable through from bonnet side, easier to remove glovebox and stereo surround/vents to get hold of the end and route it to behind stereo.
Easy then to route the other end of the cable around under the slam panel and down into the grille. I set my camera into the badge.

Just be aware that that grommet is used on the California for the roof drain pipe and if the pipe is push in the water drains down the inside of the bulkhead.

Back