[Guide] Enable rear speaker fader in a T6

A pillar trim off. Cup holder out. Dash end trim off. Leave glove box in and upper storage tray in - route cables over top of upper storage tray using long cable tie to pull through. Cable up A pillar and away through roof to rear of van.

IMG_8668.JPG IMG_8669.JPG

Cup holder removal - anti clockwise twist and lift out. A pillar trim removal - carefully remove top cover of grab handle - plastic trim removal tool best. Unbolt grab handles. Dash end trim just pops off - may need to pull back door rubber seal away a little. Nimble fingers and a long cable tie as a route feeder :thumbsup:

Sorry ! Air vent out too by door. Just pops out with careful leverage from bottom, then gentle leverage from top once half way out.

Last edited:
My final question on this... any suggestions on sensibly priced front speaker upgrades that will just run off the standard head unit please....

Next on my list too ! I'd like some tried and tested recommendations.

My final question on this... any suggestions on sensibly priced front speaker upgrades that will just run off the standard head unit please....

The standard front speakers are not to bad. So I suggest going up to a 8" door woofer and tweeter for the pillar.

The Blam 200RS are very popular, very effiecent at 3ohm and well priced, and can be supplied as a kit with collars, door plugs and sound proof

Or go up a step to the Rainbow 8.2, which are little more musical

Drop us a message for cost and further info

The standard front speakers are not to bad. So I suggest going up to a 8" door woofer and tweeter for the pillar.

The Blam 200RS are very popular, very effiecent at 3ohm and well priced, and can be supplied as a kit with collars, door plugs and sound proof

Or go up a step to the Rainbow 8.2, which are little more musical

Drop us a message for cost and further info
Hi @Absolut5 would you spec the rainbow items over hertz? Currently trying to plan an upgrade, thinking components for the front and some coax in the rear and sub under the seat, with some form of amp and sound processor. Recommendations? Unfortunately I'm no where near you.

Hi @Absolut5 would you spec the rainbow items over hertz? Currently trying to plan an upgrade, thinking components for the front and some coax in the rear and sub under the seat, with some form of amp and sound processor. Recommendations? Unfortunately I'm no where near you.

I suggest a set of Hertz Mille pro in the front, JL XD500/3.
3channel amp to drive them and sub
Our custom under seat enclosure with a JL 10w1 sub
Then drop a set of coax rears in

You can run a processor but the JL amp works very well, and just use a plug in sub control to allow adjustment

We can supply this along with every needed to install it...

Hi All,
A very interesting thread indeed. I am in the process of just upgrading front speakers and tweeters.
I have become stuck in removing the A pillar covers. I see HHO added pics with a description on pulling covers off.

I am just a bit unsure which part of cover to pull/lever at with plastic trim tools. When trying to remove, Is the cover pulled towards the centre of the dash or more towards the rear. What part of the trim should I try and lever from.?

Please excuse what may have a simple solution, but I am worried I may damage the trim.
Cheers

Grab handle has a top cover that comes off. Use a plastic trim removal tool to separate top cover from main handle assembly. It's fiddly, but once it begins to separate you can complete by hand. Then unscrew handle assembly and remove. Next stage is to pull away door seal a little to gain access with trim tool to pop the pillar trim off. You will be able to see inside with a light to help locate trim clip positions.

IMG_1345.JPG IMG_1346.JPG

Thank you HHO,
I have removed the handle assembly ok, it was just that bit of extra confidence on the plastic that I lacked.
Removing the seal will certainly help me.

Thanks again...

Cheers.

Remaoval is very easy, no need to remove rubber trim.. just start at the very top edge and pull it in wards this will reveal the top clip, using a blunt flat object just pop it off...

VW trims do not break.....

Reactions: HHO
Hi all - this is my first post on this forum! I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction - a mate and I started my T6 conversion yesterday which included fitting rear speakers. I bought a great little kit with everything we needed from Absolut5 so props to him :thumbsup:. My question is, is there anyone with VCDS that could help with coding in Cornwall or Southwest to enable front/rear fader??

Hi all - this is my first post on this forum! I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction - a mate and I started my T6 conversion yesterday which included fitting rear speakers. I bought a great little kit with everything we needed from Absolut5 so props to him :thumbsup:. My question is, is there anyone with VCDS that could help with coding in Cornwall or Southwest to enable front/rear fader??
Hi and welcome to the forum! I think if you join as a VIP member you can hire everything you need for very little. Or someone may be really close to you. I think the map option shows where users are.
Cheers

Back