[Guide] Enable rear speaker fader in a T6

Thanks @Pauly, I have no idea how I managed to miss that rather extensive thread.

And apologies for posing in wrong section :thumbsup:

I was speaking to a well known "convertor" of transporters just the other day.......they said the whole rear speaker fader problem is still a little hit and miss. It works on some but not others???? I would assume they have the latest updates to vcds......maybe they've not let the vehicle go to sleep as described in previous posts????? I'm having rear speakers put in mine and it would be nice to have the fader enabled......is it still a bit voodoo or can it be done for ALL T6's? :)

I was speaking to a well known "convertor" of transporters just the other day.......they said the whole rear speaker fader problem is still a little hit and miss. It works on some but not others???? I would assume they have the latest updates to vcds......maybe they've not let the vehicle go to sleep as described in previous posts????? I'm having rear speakers put in mine and it would be nice to have the fader enabled......is it still a bit voodoo or can it be done for ALL T6's? :)
Hi,
I still can't use my rear fader . Vw said they couldn't help either. Please let me know how you get on ... Good luck

VW don't get into mods they have limited capabilities with their equipment as it's designed for fault finding and diagnostics only.
VCDS should be capable of doing this on any vehicle, if there are problems then generally it's because the vehicle needs to sleep or because the equipment code comes up outside of the allowed range as mentioned elsewhere

Hiya

All the T6s we have activated fader controls with VCDS requires them to 'go to sleep' then switch the ignition on after .... haven't had one which hasn't worked....

Hiya

All the T6s we have activated fader controls with VCDS requires them to 'go to sleep' then switch the ignition on after .... haven't had one which hasn't worked....

I thought you'd say that Absolut5......just wish you were closer. I get the impression you know what you're doing.....big time!!!!

........and on that subject, can anyone suggest some half decent speakers to fit in the rear. It's been suggested Alpine G series? In all honesty, I'm not likely to upgrade the head unit so don't need anything mind blowing. Still mulling over going for some door speaker upgrades........probably not worth it if I'm keeping the vw head unit, right?

I thought you'd say that Absolut5......just wish you were closer. I get the impression you know what you're doing.....big time!!!!

We do cruise control, MFSW and remapping so we know our way around the VCDS

Reactions: HHO
........and on that subject, can anyone suggest some half decent speakers to fit in the rear. It's been suggested Alpine G series? In all honesty, I'm not likely to upgrade the head unit so don't need anything mind blowing. Still mulling over going for some door speaker upgrades........probably not worth it if I'm keeping the vw head unit, right?
We mostly use Pioneer TSG range, efficient to run off the headunit, slim enough to fit flush and don't look bling.

We have done a number of Blam and Rainbow upgrades in the T6 off the factory headunit with great results...

Reactions: HHO
Yes, once rear speaker coding has been changed, van needs to switched off and allowed to sleep for 10-15 minutes. Once it's started back up, the new settings will come to life. Coding software needs to be fully up to date too.

We mostly use Pioneer TSG range, efficient to run off the headunit, slim enough to fit flush and don't look bling.

We have done a number of Blam and Rainbow upgrades in the T6 off the factory headunit with great results...
Hi Absolut5
If you had to single out one Pioneer TSG speaker which would you go for? I'm in exactly the same boat as mopardave and just looking to get a decent sound in the back using the standard head unit..

Why does everyone want sound in the back? Call me selfish but I'd rather have a decent set of component speakers up front, rears do nowt for the driver.

Why does everyone want sound in the back? Call me selfish but I'd rather have a decent set of component speakers up front, rears do nowt for the driver.
Personally it's so I can stick tunes or stories on for the kids, keep them quiet and not go deaf in the front..

Headphones for kids in the back in my van, like my own music :) Mind you when the wife is a passenger she turns it down via the volume knob and i put it up with the MFSW, in the end she wins and i turn it off because theres no point listening if you can't here it properly :(

We always recommend to spend their budget on the best front end, and if they want rear speakers for the kids and a little rear fill then we just suggest a set of low cost coax, like Pioneers, so they do. Or distract from the front

Hi Absolut5
If you had to single out one Pioneer TSG speaker which would you go for? I'm in exactly the same boat as mopardave and just looking to get a decent sound in the back using the standard head unit..

Using the standard headunit, you cannot use anything to powerful, so a efficient set of Pioneer TSG 1732 will do the job,

Some sound proofing, insulation will help them sound better, and don't forget to code the fader on the headunit

We always recommend to spend their budget on the best front end, and if they want rear speakers for the kids and a little rear fill then we just suggest a set of low cost coax, like Pioneers, so they do. Or distract from the front

bloody hell.......this is food for thought........and I never thought! Yes, what is the point of speakers in the back......I've just grown up (gotten old) thinking that cars/vans must have speakers front and back. Maybe I shouldn't bother after all...........just upgrade the fronts?????????? Now I'm getting confused!!!!!!!

Just fitted some rear speakers in the tailgate, now need to think about the routing of the cables. Have connected them up to the Head Unit after looking at the great thread on here, but now hesitant to start pulling away at the bottom of the dash for fear of breaking something.

Anyone done it and got some advice please?

Back