[Guide] Enable rear speaker fader in a T6

Martin Nolan

Hi, had some rear speakers fitted to my new t6. The speakers work but the fitter was unable to re code the head unit to enable the front / rear fader. Any suggestions... ?.

Need someone with vagcom/vcds Martin, think there's a few on here with it, was actually going to ask the same question, anyone near Manchester want to help me out with programming this in return for Beer/Tastey treat of your choice!? Thanks (and sorry for slight post hijack!)

Need someone with vagcom/vcds Martin, think there's a few on here with it, was actually going to ask the same question, anyone near Manchester want to help me out with programming this in return for Beer/Tastey treat of your choice!? Thanks (and sorry for slight post hijack!)
Hi,yes, the guys that did my conversion tried that but failed...

If you look at the maps tab it shows people with VCD capabilities highlighted in yellow so hopefully there will be one near you and I am sure most will oblige for bear tokens.

If you look at the maps tab it shows people with VCD capabilities highlighted in yellow so hopefully there will be one near you and I am sure most will oblige for bear tokens.
Thanks. The folks that did the conversion tried with vcd as did my local garage...no joy . Let me know if you find a solution... Thanks

I along with a few others have used VCDS to do this successfully with no issues, you need to make sure you have the latest VCDS update as T6s are so new older versions do not support all functions.
The yellow mark on the map closest to you is for @Mattsvan and is actually in the wrong place, im not sure exactly where he is but its north wales so actually a bit further than it appears on the map.
If you fancy a trip south to Busfest in a few weeks i would be happy to oblige (or at least try !)

Hi,
Thanks for that! It sounds like my conversion guy might have had out of date stuff...it kept coming up with an error code when he selected the speakers....
I will have a look at busfest...many thanks

We found coding some of them, switch off and let the vehicle go to sleep, then the fader function appears

We found coding some of them, switch off and let the vehicle go to sleep, then the fader function appears
Hi, thanks for the advice.
When they plugged the VCDS in we could see all the options to enable the fader but when selected an error code appeared... Do you mean that,s when they should have shut the vehicle down?
Sorry if I sound confused..new to all this.

No. We found that coding it. Then going back into VCDS it didn't show up, so recode it, come out of VCDS and let vehicle settle, then it works..

Is your VCDS genuine?

No. We found that coding it. Then going back into VCDS it didn't show up, so recode it, come out of VCDS and let vehicle settle, then it works..

Is your VCDS genuine?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply
I watched whilst the conversion guys at the garage tried. I could see that there were options to select the speakers but when they tried an error code came up. I don't know anything about VCDS... They are a reputable company that have converted many vans...

Hi all,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am also trying to activate and connect rear speakers to my brothers new T6 which has the discover media system.
I have the Rosstech VCDS and it is all up to date, which section will I find the speaker options?
We've had a look but can't seem to find it easily.

Also, which pin outputs are used for the rear speakers?

image.jpeg
Thanks in advance.

Assuming you havent done this before the first step is to run a full scan and save the results, this will give you a record of all the modules installed, any faults that are present and the current coding configuration, theres a button to copy the results, just paste it in to notepad and save the file, if it all goes tits up this will give you a fall back for your default settings

To change stereo enter - Controller 5F-Information Electr
Click coding then when box appears click on long code helper, when that displays click on box 5 which will be byte 4
Underneath you will now see the options in a drop down menu, it will be set to 2 channels/4speakers you want to change it to 4 channels/6speakers
After selecting the change click exit and the long code helper box will disappear and go back to the previous window, click on the bottom where it says 'Do It'
If all goes well a little pop up comes up saying coding accepted or similar

Thank you Pauly!

Have done loads of stuff on my A5 with VCDS but haven't used it for ages, amazing how the grey matter doesn't hold stuff as well once we're the better side of 40 :)

No worries will dig you out a connection diagram for the rear of stereo prob be tomorrow

Perfect thanks, I'm guessing I can just use the small metal cable connectors that side and clip into the OEM connector?
Are they called repair wires?

image.jpeg

Yes they will fit, you can buy the plugs on there own to go straight onto speaker cable or you could use those but they are a bit expensive for what they are, repair wires are intended for fixing loom cabling or patching into fusebox as they use the same connectors on the small fuses

Pauly, are you able to post the connection diagram as I'm seeing my brother tomorrow and it would be nice to get his speakers working.
I've found a couple on the googleweb but I'm don't want to risk it being wrong.

Thanks again

I used this one :thumbsup:
The underside of the connector block has corresponding numbers.

image.png

There is currently only balance left/right function on the sound settings of the head unit, but if I was to add a pair of rear speakers, is there a way to add a fader function by VCDS or will front/rear fader balance be equal?

Back