EML on. [Resolved]

dandan88

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Guys can someone help me, I was driving earlier today and this light has come on.
it’s only one month out of warranty, has anyone got any suggestions what it may be?? Also the cigarette lighter next to the gear stick doesn’t seem to work either but I haven’t got any idea where the fuses or which fuse to check, please can you guys enlighten me.

4B5714DA-2B64-43D1-BDA4-803DD7B30336.jpeg

DA19960A-BF01-461B-BEDE-696B4D9A63F3.jpeg

It could be 100 different things - probably nothing major but it needs to be plugged in to a diagnostic computer or code reader ASAP

Legend cheers gordon, do you reckon Vw assist will be able to do anything with it I’m tempted to phone them up

general emissions warning light could be EGR flow or a sensor issue on the DPF, as mentioned, needs a scan, if you call assist insist they send a VW tech not a general AA man.

Fuse for 12v outlet. Fuse box below that 12v socket.
Dashboard 12V Socket Fuse.jpg

Mine had that symbol just as I started a week away to Scotland last year ... 1 overnight stop and a few hundred miles of motorway driving it went ... not appeared since in almost a year and 1/2 dozen outings

Cheers guys really appreciate your responses. Loz where even is that fuse box?? Thanks

general emissions warning light could be EGR flow or a sensor issue on the DPF, as mentioned, needs a scan, if you call assist insist they send a VW tech not a general AA man.

Fuse for 12v outlet. Fuse box below that 12v socket.
View attachment 115032
Below the gear stick

Cheers for all the input guys, Vw assist showed up today and he’s told me it’s the egr pipe, it’s got a hole and it’s blowing soot shite all over the engine and the ecu also needs updating, what a nightmare

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back