Gotta put another shout in for these guys. Just helped me out with another perfect paint job at a perfect price.
Seriously can't recommend them enough. Ask for Mark.

Hi @vwski the first was painting my new bumpers and matching the colour (not blending in this case) exactly, spot on. Advice and help with fitting, explanation of the process and helped me load up.
Next time I went was for my car, a neighbour kid scratched so not only did they offer a great price off the bat, beat all the others without a discussion, they blended the car perfectly. It was done exactly when they said and the match/blend is perfect.
I'm looking for a tailgate for my Golf, only one place gonna paint it.
Very good at what they do and proud of what they do.

Sounds great. Thank you. I spoke with Mark yesterday but he was unsure about painting the plastic 'dog bone' bumpers on my new T6.1.
He thought the paint might not stick long term due to the surface texture of the plastic. Not sure if he misunderstood what I was talking about. I might take it in at some point for him to look at so he can assess it properly if I cant get it sorted elsewhere...

Yeah, he is right there. I bought new ones and sold the black ones. YOu need to treat the black plastic by sanding it down to a really smooth surface then giving a really good base coat or primer, and those I read that did it say it takes about half a dozen coats.
THe few T5's that I saw that did it also say it will only last 4-5 years so that was enough to convince me to buy a new set.

Oh OK. My van is a brand new model so I'm not sure I can buy a spare bumper. What would the difference be if I was to buy another one?
4-5 years actually sounds good to me.

Yeah I noticed you have a t6.1, it may take a while but thq and travelin lite will eventually have them.
I think you would be better stripping and sanding yourself. My converter said he could do mine, sanded, primed and painted for £850!! The paint job was less than half so I sold my grey front bumper for 2 cases of beer! :p
The back one ended up on the tip, unfortunately.
The time to smooth off will be your problem.

Thanks. Appreciate your comments. I'll see what happens then ;)

Back