Electric Window Not Working

Littleblackflash

Auto Engineer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I used my van today and the windows on both sides didn't work.

I can't see a window lock switch so I guess something is broken. I've been playing with VCDS to get my tailgate lock working (barn door conversion), could I have changed a setting by mistake?

Did you do a scan and save the initial coding before you started?

You can compare what you have changed.

I did. It's always good practice to do so.

But I don't think its a coding issue. I didn't change anything or saw any variables connected to windows. Any idea which fuse it could be?

I would scan what you have now and reset to factory just to double check, changing bytes can sometimes have a knock on effect to other bytes
It’s a 5 minute job to change it and change back and will take much longer to trouble shoot alternatives
When you say not working do you mean not working at all or just the one shot up and down function ?

Will do.:thumbsup:

Nothing happens when I press any window switch. I've not tried opening the windows using the key yet.

Thats a good shout, bypass the buttons and try the comfort function which would be extended rotation of key in door lock or extra long press of keyfob ??

I'll check later. The mirrors are working so I'm not hopeful that fuse will work.
Is the switch on a Can bus or is it old fashion direct wiring?

In that case it could be SC4 as that feeds the thermal fuses for the windows, but you would have more than the windows not working so it must be coding...
upload_2018-10-15_12-15-35.png

I'll check later. The mirrors are working so I'm not hopeful that fuse will work.
Is the switch on a Can bus or is it old fashion direct wiring?
the door control modules are sub modules of the BCM connected via canbus

Now I'm confused. I was convinced it wasn't coding because I only changed the coding to try and get my tailgate conversion latch working, but it does look like a coding issue. I've not noticed anything else not working.
The only other coding I've changed was to code out the warning light on the dash after I fitted LED tail lights. I didn't check the windows after this change.

Is it possible to activate the window with VCDS adapatations? That would rule out a blown fuse or thermo cutout.

OK.... I'm a numpty.

Looks like I did change something in the coding by comparing my coding to a previous version. Byte 9 activates power windows and for some reason mine wasn't ticked.

All working again as it should. Thanks for the help, I'll try not to be so stupid next time.

Last edited:
Back