Electric Tailgate Sensitivity

Ned Kelly

My tailgate electric tailgate seems to want to auto close on its own even in the slightest breeze or when someone moves around in the van. Is there a way of adjusting the sensitivity to stop it auto closing and scaring the life out of my Wife. nevertheless, It is funny to watch.

My tailgate electric tailgate seems to want to auto close on its own even in the slightest breeze or when someone moves around in the van. Is there a way of adjusting the sensitivity to stop it auto closing and scaring the life out of my Wife. nevertheless, It is funny to watch.
There is no option or setting for the tailgate to auto close, maybe you have a faulty switch

When I say auto close I am misleading the van is a camper conversion and has a window pod blind fitted also has a Vanshades chair pod so it's carrying a few extra Kilos. when it was first fitted 2 years back it was all ok but now just a slight movement in the van causes the tailgate to wobble and is like pulling the handle ever so slightly to activate a close. It seems to be more sensitive. maybe the switch is worn or faulty I will look into that thanks Deaky.

Back