Part number - power-closing castor for slider

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
I'm an oaf and often get called Wreck It Ralph. Anyway, the latest thing I broke is the part pictured on my right hand side sliding door. I only knocked it gently whilst trying to retrieve a bottle of wine without disturbing my boy's sleep but knocked the castor out of the upper door runner! I got it back in OK and the door works manually but the auto lock function won't work and the door is always 'open' according to the dash so I'd like to replace the broken bit soonest. I can find most of the other parts separately but not this one, nor an exploded parts diagram. Is there anybody out there who has replaced the same part or am I going to have to replace the whole runner for £150!?

Capture.PNG

That piece is the location sensor so the rail above knows where the door is, if the van thinks the door is open all the time then im guessing its kaput
The sensor is prewired and the cable runs inside the door seal so think you gonna have an issue there, if you remove the door seal to get at the sensor/wiring then you will prob break so of the clips which in turn are not available on there own !!

Its only a two wire connection so may be fixable but be warned if you remove the bolts in the top of the door to remove that piece your door will exit the vehicle and make a mess so defo a 2 man job

7H0843436Q ???

Not sure why you've written that so large and in bold??? Just to be clear I was enquiring as to the availability of the part that I now know thanks to @Pauly is the sensor, not the whole runner, in the hope that I might just be able to replace that.

That piece is the location sensor so the rail above knows where the door is, if the van thinks the door is open all the time then im guessing its kaput
The sensor is prewired and the cable runs inside the door seal so think you gonna have an issue there, if you remove the door seal to get at the sensor/wiring then you will prob break so of the clips which in turn are not available on there own !!

Its only a two wire connection so may be fixable but be warned if you remove the bolts in the top of the door to remove that piece your door will exit the vehicle and make a mess so defo a 2 man job

It's definitely kaput as it is hanging off by the wires! The orange part in the centre and a spring, which I'm guessing puts pressure under the sensor to drive it home when the door is closed, are also loose. I might try a field fix this evening to trick it into thinking its closed - at least I'll be able to see the multi-function display info again whilst I get the new complete runner and now a door seal too! Thanks for the tips.

Also, incidentally, I'm well aware of the door runner securing the door problem! In the old T5 we'd been out for a meal and got back in the van. I closed the door after the kids got in and as I did so the runner fell apart causing the door to fly off and crumble a good portion of the front lower corner of the door. Some Italian kids who were watching thought it was very funny - I on the other hand did not, although in hindsight can see why they would laugh.

Lukavell, did you get this sorted? We did the same, the flimsy plastic holder has snapped and wires were ripped out. Also fixed with a hairband (it was day 1 of a 10 day camping trip with kids!) I found the black plastic part on eBay but read this thread and wonder if I need to buy a new sensor too?

CA2E4881-A1F7-4DAB-A0B5-AFA25C08748B.jpeg

Back