Power-Closing Door bleep!!

Morning All,

When our new T6 arrives it will have the twin electric sliding doors, assuming these are the same as the T5 they will have the bleeping sound (technical word) when closing.

Is there a way to disable this, I am considering the Carista for other mods and wondered if anyone was aware if this would be an option that could be disabled??

Cheers :thumbsup:

It’s not possible unfortunately a few people have looked into it and there seems to be no software answer to this

The speakers are easy to get to so you can cover them if it bothers you to much.

Not got them, but couldn't you just snip the speaker connections and put a resistor across them?

Thanks for this, the sound issue doesn't bother me massively it's more my neighbours being disturbed at 3 in the morning when I go to work!! Where would I access the speakers? If you are able to advise it would be helpful? Cheers

The passengers side unit (shown in picture) is easy to get to, as for the drivers side i have the heater unit in my kombi so the door motor is mounted different to the other side and i can not see the beeper box without removing the ducts etc....

20180318_131555.jpg

Has anybody managed to find a fix for this? the door beep is really annoying...!

Hi I did it today on my new T6 kombi van I’ve only had it a couple of days and it was annoying the hell out of me.
I removed the rear lining on both side and you can then get to the black controller unscrew it and remove all the cables, you can open it up and there is a PCB board in there lift that out and you can see a little sounder soldered to the corner, just heat up the solder on the back of the pins and it will pull out. I did this with the battery connected but had to do a reset on the units once I connected everything back up.

84AB7344-3103-4307-A111-DEF6BDE89AA6.jpeg

E8B53650-5EDA-4037-9895-B0B707D71E2B.jpeg

02DCEA55-EFA7-4DBB-BE4F-097D17F6E0D6.jpeg

9601E4BB-77F9-4482-AA3E-1F1D68B01D25.jpeg

A great Mod.......

But have none you tried just putting tape over the sounder, or packing something over/ around it on the PCB to reduce the loudness???

I don't have this on my van . . . . . . Buy have done the sounder trick many times on other things....

As you play with the different techniques you could get 10-90% reduction in volume.

Just an idea guys. =)

Good evening all!!!

Im currently searching for a t6 dsg . I’ve seen a few and was just wondering, can the beep that’s omitted when the electric doors/tailgate open be switched off? I know its there for safety but it will drive me mad the amount of times i go to my van a day!!

Good evening all!!!

Im currently searching for a t6 dsg . I’ve seen a few and was just wondering, can the beep that’s omitted when the electric doors/tailgate open be switched off? I know its there for safety but it will drive me mad the amount of times i go to my van a day!!
Threads merged
See above for a solution.

I had it on my T5.1 but it isn’t on my T6. Bloomin irritating on a campsite when someone nips out for a middle of the night pee, so I have a lot of sympathy for your neighbours at 3 in the morning.
I don’t miss the powered closing, but I do miss the powered latching and I’m hoping to do a @Pauly retrofit for powered latching!

After lining out our van including the motor covers for the sliders,the bleeping is hardly noticable,big improvement

Back