Power-Closing Sliding-Door Retrofit

Do you really need electric sliding doors? I love mine on the camper when they work without having a fit, maybe I am just unlucky and have an unreliable one. Can never work out what is wrong with it as theres no fault codes. If you can get them for £400 its probably worth it. £2500, maybe worth questioning the need.

Actually it is £200 for most of main components(pre-owned) per side:), comparing with complete one side retrofit solution worth £2895+VAT = £3474

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Anyone else managed to get these parts for £200. If you can find me a set of led headlights preowned that would be great Robert ;-)

Just realised I need to get a sliding door rail mechanism to use the motor and wiring I just bought what a walloper anyone know of somewhere cheap??
I'm retrofitting it to my T6 normal left hand door

Just realised I need to get a sliding door rail mechanism to use the motor and wiring I just bought what a walloper anyone know of somewhere cheap??

Oh nice one. This mod is high on my list of things as I hate slamming the door. Are you planning on a how to thread?

Whats parts exactly do you already have as theres quite a list of bits !

Im half way through mine at the moment, wiring is in but next step is to remove door and swap rails/hardware for electric parts which im hoping to get done this month at some point (weather depending)

so far i've got

Part Number 7H0 843 654 AA

Part Number 7H0 843 435

Part Number 7H0 959 991

so a bit of a ways to go yet

Yes you will need several more parts
The main/expensive parts are :
the top rail and reader coil (to sense door position)
the middle rail and motor (to power the door open and shut)
the door seal and anti trap sensor (to detect anything getting crushed between door and van)
the two control unit to operate it all (main unit in rear quarter & wireless sender inside sliding door)

Heres a quick list of part numbers from my notes if you want to do some digging (will do a proper guide etc once complete)
7E0843435C
7E1843871D
7E0843785A
7E0843397L
7H0843859G
7H0959975B
7H0971908A
7E0843245A
7H0843413C
7H0959991
7E0959243D
7H1937535D

There are various nuts bolt screws to be added to this

that's a good resource but have not been able to identify a couple of them in the list

7E1843871D Rail guide (Main/middle)

7E0843785A Left Hand Sliding Door Seal for Electric Sliding Door

7E0843397L Guide roller lower left

7H0843859G Left Upper Electric Door Guide Rail

7H0959975B Read Coil Spool For Electric Sliding Door Left

7H0971908A

7E0843245A Cover for motor on rail

7H0843413C Door catch Left

7E0959243D Control unit

7H1937535D

7H0 843 654 AA Sliding Door Central Lock Mechanism

7H0 843 435 Left Sliding Door Upper Roller

7H0 959 991 Left Sliding door module

The list of parts is going up and up ... along with the cost
Thought i could do this for a few hundred and hastily started buying bits before fully researching, looking more like several hundred by the time i am done :(

I have finally got around to pushing on with this, planning to finish connecting up as much wiring as possible tomorrow (terminate dash buttons and feed cable through to e-box in engine bay for main power) then the door is coming off on wednesday for the swap over weather permitting
I think i have everything i need to get it working, just need to find my rivot gun (that hasnt been seen for years) then i can get a new key ordered

Going back through the wiring diagrams i can see some of the cables between the bcm and door lock are no longer used as the new door control unit takes the signals and transmits them over the canbus instead, this means the coding is going to be important
I have a 2nd hand control module from a transporter so hopefully coding will be correct or close to correct but would be good to get a scan of a vehicle that has an electric sliding door factory fitted so i can compare/amend as necessary

Anyone able to send me a full scan from a van with elec door ?

Back