Electric Mirrors off Keyfob

Ro63rt

Hi all,

Just seen a video on another T Forum on Facebook. For love nor money can’t remember which one it was or find the video again. But they’d just picked up a new T6 from the dealership & the electric Mirrors worked off the key. Anyone else seen it or heard of new vans coming like that....?

Yes, my 2017 does. I had to add the electric folding mirrors to the spec, but they work by holding your finger on the locking button of your remote for an extra couple of seconds. Same as closing the windows. (or opening if you wish by holding unlock)

Strangely my sales guy didn't know you could do this.

Yes, standard on MY2018 vans with power folding mirrors

That's odd. Mine didn't work straight away for some reason, and took a few holds of the button before they started folding.

Nope! Vw a proper strange! Can open my electric sliding doors from my remote but can't fold them mirrors wtf, surely that shouldn't be a added extra? 1 thing I wish I added was auto latch tail gate :mad: always having to double close that thing!!

Just worked out I can open close my windows but not the mirrors lol madness!!

If you can operate your sliders with the fob, does it look different to a standard key?

Just realised you have a MY17 like me, so your out of luck like i was. I had to fit the travelite kit to mine to make them auto fold on the key. The MY18 models have been updated some how to fold on the key.

Back