Electric Folding Mirrors

Tommy

T6 Guru
Hi all

My passenger side folding mirror has been playing up today, when I manually fold them the passenger isn't moving. Did several off/on to no avail, gave it a little push, tried again and working. Also noticed the last few days that when the passenger mirror has been folding its been making a funny noise, like a strained/grinding noise

Any ideas or is it a potential back to garage job

Thanks in advance

Mine often rotate independently for each other.. drive up/passenger down... visa versa

Obviously, doesn't happen when it goes to listers.

Hi all

My passenger side folding mirror has been playing up today, when I manually fold them the passenger isn't moving. Did several off/on to no avail, gave it a little push, tried again and working. Also noticed the last few days that when the passenger mirror has been folding its been making a funny noise, like a strained/grinding noise

Any ideas or is it a potential back to garage job

Thanks in advance
Hi I had a similar fault with the drivers side mirror not folding with key or door panel. Took it to dealer, sorted within an hour. They said reset settings and has been ok since

Hi I had a similar fault with the drivers side mirror not folding with key or door panel. Took it to dealer, sorted within an hour. They said reset settings and has been ok since

My drivers mirror doesn't always fold either, it was playing up today more than usual.

Do you know what settings they reset?

My drivers mirror doesn't always fold either, it was playing up today more than usual.

Do you know what settings they reset?
Sadly I don't sorry but service said the just reset back to factory settings ! but ever since I had the fault I only fold the mirrors using the door knob switch not the fob. Touch wood been ok since.

My drivers door folding mirror is playing up similar to above comments. Occasionally works but more often doesn't. Passenger side is fine.

Given the feedback above about 'factory reset', does anyone know or have access to the official procedure?

Thanks!

My drivers door folding mirror is playing up similar to above comments. Occasionally works but more often doesn't. Passenger side is fine.

Given the feedback above about 'factory reset', does anyone know or have access to the official procedure?

Thanks!
Do you mean the auto close window adaption? If so;
The procedure is down to the bottom let go press down again for 3 elephants. Pull up, the window jumps up a tiny bit and stops, pull up to the top, let go and pull up again for 3 elephants

Thanks!
I had a similar issue, went back to dealership they fixed within a few mins. They said they did a reset ! but since that day I have only folding mirrors using door switch not my key fob.

Do you mean the auto close window adaption? If so;
The procedure is down to the bottom let go press down again for 3 elephants. Pull up, the window jumps up a tiny bit and stops, pull up to the top, let go and pull up again for 3 elephants
There should be an elephant emoji..

Sorry to hijack the mirror thread but can you please confirm that the power fold mirrors should fold when you lock the vehicle from the key fob? Mine fold in/out using the toggle on the driver's side but not from the fob.

I've got a 2018 Kombi Edition for info.

Oh and this is my first VW van and it's all very exciting ...

2017 Kombie Highline, mine can fold using the key fob and door panel. Since I had the issues I only use the door panel.

Do you mean the auto close window adaption?

Sorry for delay in relying @Loz It is the manual rotary switch inside the door that I am using. The left mirror always folds, the right hand most ofter doesn't. If you give it a bit of a shove, it works again and carries on working when testing. Next time you want to fold them it's stopped again! :(

I have tried resetting the windows incase it's related but still the same.

Back