Eibach Pro-Street-S Ride-Height Adjustable Coilovers now available [Post 49 onwards]

Yay, first post!

So in the absence of any real feedback on the Eibach coils vs B14s, other than "possibly smoother", I've taken the plunge anyway. Will report back but keen to hear if anyone has any further feedback in the meantime ....

Interesting to note that VW approve a kit that lowers 70 mm but repudiate drive shaft warranty claims on other products that do the same ?? Another profit opportunity ? Eibach only make springs so what make are the shocks in this kit ?? definitely cant be better than market leaders Koni and Bilstein in my opinion

Interesting to note that VW approve a kit that lowers 70 mm but repudiate drive shaft warranty claims on other products that do the same ?? Another profit opportunity ? Eibach only make springs so what make are the shocks in this kit ?? definitely cant be better than market leaders Koni and Bilstein in my opinion
The dampers are made by KW.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are then the quality is good , I am a KW Performance partner and recently spent 3 days at their factory .
Is the shock stamped made by KW ? or is this an insider secret ?

If they are then the quality is good , I am a KW Performance partner and recently spent 3 days at their factory .
Is the shock stamped made by KW ? or is this an insider secret ?

I mentioned it was a KW shock earlier in the thread as I had spoken directly to Eibach themselves about it. They didn't seem to react like it was a secret. They were very open and clear about the fact they had worked with KW and VW to custom tune a KW unit for each application (T32 and the other weights) and that Eibach themselves had obviously designed the spring. To my surprise (I thought they were competitors) Eibach said they also work very closely with Bilstein and that the B14 spring is also an Eibach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that info , its quite an incestuous industry . Bilstein and Eibach have a bond like H&R and KONI do ( but this is in Europe , in the states its different ) . H&R, like Eibach get shocks made by all manufacturers Bilstein, KONI, KW and some cheaper far east parts for their entry level stuff .
Then you have all the semi brands , These guys simply put their name on cheaper kits built in the far east . KW initially had their damper technology supplied by KONI this got them on the map very quickly as KONI damper technology is the best . The relationship didn't last forever but KW and KONI both share the same philosophy, optimised comfort on sport shocks. ( very little use of Hi pressure monotube gas shocks which naturally makes the ride harsh )

The Kit is fitted with KW dampers i am led to believe , they are Dual tube non adjustable damping and should be fairly good . Just remember the lower you go the worse the comfort level .
There is no magic to comfort on very low vehicles , even spending the £1700.
The strange thing is that a KW coil over kit at Variant 3 level ( top model ) with damping adjust-ability is the same price , ??
I guess anything related to VW after market accessories comes at a price premium .

I have these. Done about 1000 miles so far and am really impressed by the ride quality and comfort level, and that is wound down 55-60mm. The only area they have struggled, and this is no doubt in combination with 20" wheels, is on some sections of concrete motorway where the resonance can be rather loud. In particular, the section around J7 of the M25 anticlockwise, which is pretty unbearable. But other than that no complaints at all; really impressed

I have these. Done about 1000 miles so far and am really impressed by the ride quality and comfort level, and that is wound down 55-60mm. The only area they have struggled, and this is no doubt in combination with 20" wheels, is on some sections of concrete motorway where the resonance can be rather loud. In particular, the section around J7 of the M25 anticlockwise, which is pretty unbearable. But other than that no complaints at all; really impressed

Thanks for your response, good information, my only concern is that as I have had little response, are they not selling, for some reason.

my only concern is that as I have had little response, are they not selling, for some reason.

It might be more that Transporter owners favour Bilstein over most other suppliers, not that there is anything wrong with what you are looking at, just not as popular in here I think.

Yup I think that’s right, plus the eibach’s cost a chunk more and with very few reviews (and no direct comparisons) it’s hard to justify over the billies

Yup I think that’s right, plus the eibach’s cost a chunk more and with very few reviews (and no direct comparisons) it’s hard to justify over the billies

Yeah true .. I think Bilsteins have just been around much longer too. Where the Eibachs might get some votes is, the dual tube damping will be better than monotube, they are stainless steel and a higher quality finish, they have a bigger adjustable drop range, they are an approved VW and TUV approved part (insurers etc)

@RichT6

Yeah VW approved was quite appealing, and the one guy I found that had driven both said the eibachs were “as good if not better” than the bilsteins for comfort.

But ultimately it boiled down to my impatience, as there weren’t any B14’s available!

There must be someone local to you on B14s? Be interesting to get a side by side comparison and a mini review :thumbsup::cool:

Yeah I should do that really. I’m in east Kent if any local B14’ers are reading this and interested in a comparison ...

The appeal of these parts being VW approved sadly doesn't elevate them in to the best product around category. Whilst you cant argue they are a quality manufacturer of springs, they don't make shocks at Eibach - at all! Therefore not knowing who makes the shocks in these kits would stop me from buying them; The shock is the important part because all the ride characteristics and comfort / handling come from the shock.

There are many quality coil-over kits which easily match performance of this kit

Bilstein B 14 ( 1100 to 1300 pounds )
KW Variant 1 ( £1200.00 )
Variant 3 ( 1700 pounds )
and my personal chart topper is the
H&R /KONI coil over kit
( £1400.00 )

differences are

B 14 Height adjust sleeve over kit ( sport shock modified into a height adjustable shock ) MONO tube shocks
V 1 Height adjust coil over kit ( no damping adjustment ) Dual tube shocks
v 3 Height and damping adjustability Dual tube shocks
H&R/KONI Height and damping adjustable Coil over Dual tube shocks

Hope this helps a little

I would also question the warranty of drive shafts etc if this kit was supplied by a VW dealer as an approved product and the owner then had issues because of excessive lowering

Hi I've ordered the Eibach Coilovers from dealer. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of them and how they perform?

Back