Eibach Pro-Street-S Ride-Height Adjustable Coilovers now available [Post 49 onwards]

@Dicko24 I'd be very surprised if they were the same springs. Even if you look at a picture of the -30mm Eibach lowering springs, they look different from the Coils.

The Eibach lowering springs are designed to work with the standard Transporter damper at a specific ride height. Whereas the coils are designed to work with a performance orientated damper at various different ride heights. There's probably more to it but the spring rate on the coil will be different to the spring rate of the Eibach lowering spring

As @Pauly says, Coilovers are inseparable kits designed and sold as a unit. Bilstein however do sell a damper only option for those that have already installed lowering springs ... called a B8 Sprint Damper

Last edited:
I’ve just been quoted £1800 for these Eibach coilovers supply and fitting from Vw, quite exspensive but I do fancy them, can anyone tell me if that price sounds about right?

Sounds about right based on the price VW charge for them
You can buy them from other suppliers online and they are a couple hundred cheaper and you can get them fitted by an independant garage which would prob be a bit cheaper than VW rates so you could make a bit of a saving if desired ?

Thanks Pauly I've been searching the internet for garages up here in Scotland that do upgrades to transporters but they seem to be non existent, I've got a service and my first mot due soon so I'll probably just go for it.

Yes I have them on my T28. They seem to be OK, though I don't have much experience of either standard or the Van Slam's my van came with as they came off straight away)
I have a set of Van Slam kit for sale if anyone wants one, less than 4000 miles on them.

Yes I have them on my T28. They seem to be OK, though I don't have much experience of either standard or the Van Slam's my van came with as they came off straight away)
I have a set of Van Slam kit for sale if anyone wants one, less than 4000 miles on them.
Thanks buddy
What’s the ride like ??
Nice ,hard ,soft?

and did you have them fitted at vw??
Any pictures would be ace
Sorry for all the questions cannot find anything about these and vw approved not so I need some in my life

I'd have to have a drive in a stock T6 to compare them, they certainly feel fine, the van goes around roundabouts like it's on rails, but then it has the H&R ARB's fitted as well so there's not a lot of body roll.
I do hear a knock sometimes when on roads with the occasional pothole but I've not determined if it's down to the suspension or something else, again I'd have to have someone with a T6 drive it to tell if it's any different to theirs, it certainly doesn't sound like the noise someone else on here has with their B14's, it could be something entirely separate, I think it might be something like the bumper knocking as it only seems to be held on with a few fasteners at the upper half.
I fitted them myself.

@Jay17cali ... Eibach UK had very little if any stock and were totally unprepared for the avalanche of interest / orders when they got VW approved.

The situation was made worse by the fact that Bilstein are / were sold out as well.

The T32 option is on UK back-order for delivery mid August (that was when I ordered) and there are none available in mainland Europe (I tried everything I could think of to get a set fitted in time for the summer tour)

After Vw Edinburgh telling me they could be fitted for £1800, I tried to book my van in and was then told by some doughnut that he had never heard of them and I could only upgrade to T32 suspension costing even more, I ended up with b14’s and an independent garage fitted them for me, the difference in the drive on my camper is like night and day and the saggy bum has gone.

That looks like a Double Bolt Macpherson Strut, so it is the T32.
The T28/T30 version has a socket that the damper drops into and the two bolts clamp it at the back (nearest the body not the wheel as in your picture)

ok, thanks! Thats a bit strange that the vehicle is rated at 3000kg, but the suspension is T32? I can take some more pictures if it would help to identify the right parts with certainty. I´m ordering the coilovers from abroad so need to make sure I get the right kit.

The T28/30 damper has a thin blade on the back side that goes down the slot in the clamp socket and is held by the bolt that goes through the clamp. The damper has a cylindrical bottom end, nowhere (other than the blade) for a bolt to go through. The T32 has the clamps on the front of the damper. See this pic, T28 on the left, T32 on the right.
AC8BC890-084E-476E-B000-6B0A6DEE4BB4.jpeg

ok, so I removed the front wheel to double check the damper mount and I'm 99% sure it is the T32. Just ordered a set of PSS65-85-013-02-22 coilers from Tunershop in Germany, really hope this is the right kit now :)

ok, so I removed the front wheel to double check the damper mount and I'm 99% sure it is the T32. Just ordered a set of PSS65-85-013-02-22 coilers from Tunershop in Germany, really hope this is the right kit now :)
Look forward to the update! What are you running now as a comparison?

I´ll keep you posted. Running stock now, 16" wheels. Swapping to coilovers + 20" wheels.

The Eibach kit was sold out in Tunershop, so got a Bilstein B14 kit instead. Just picked up new Meyle HD top bearings for the front as well as extra sets of dust guards, bump stops and bolts. This way I can remove the stock unit as a whole for easy re-install when the time comes to sell the car.

Install + wheel alignment booked for next week!

Sounds good! I was hoping for a review on the eibachs but I'm sure you'll be happy with the b14s they seem very tried and tested!

B14´s on and loving the ride. Would have been nice to try Eibach, hope the availability of that kit improves!

Back