Eibach Pro-Street-S Ride-Height Adjustable Coilovers now available [Post 49 onwards]

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
Just found these on a bit of Google research :

https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach...justable-coilovers_p32342086.htm#.XClOblX7T3g

So, do the usual and check on here first to see what's been posted. Very interestingly, there is nothing on here. That's very surprising for anything T6. :eek: .... their absence perhaps even a cause for concern :laugh:

I like the adjustable range these units purport to offer -20mm - 70mm. In my thinking, that would therefore offer more wheel and tyre choice combo's than B14's starting at -40mm

Being Eibach, therefore of a perceived quality and with their existing relationship with VW and the T6 fitment option offered, I thought they could well be worth some research.

Anyone got any views, experience, observations or opinions ?? Cheers

Also see this associated thread : B14 Vs B16 - T32

Last edited:
I'm running slightly oversized tyres on Devonports, so I wouldn't want to lower more than 30mm. Maybe I'm being over cautious, but some of the tracks I go down are dodgy to say the least... These look cool. Wish I had seen them before I got mine dealer lowered on Sportline springs!

You could easily go lower with that wheel/tyre set-up, sounds like you'll almost certainly be on Eibach -30mm's.

As you say, if you're venturing down "tracks" ... I wouldn't want clearances too tight either. As a VW option, your springs would be very saleable if you wanted and you could then run these at -30mm without any research, as there would be no issue with your current wheel / tyre combo. According to Eibach, you can run them as high as -20mm as that's where they actually start. The adjustable range on these is huge.

There are two part numbers for these, PSS65-85-013-01-22 and PSS65-85-013-02-22.
The 01 is for Strut clamp models (non T32), the 02 is for T32 with double bolt mcpherson strut.
The range for these is -30 to -60mm when fitted on the VW Transporter, not the full -20 to -70 in the sales literature.
Just ordered a set of the 01’s plus a set of H&R anti roll bars from Tunershop in Germany for £1451 delivered

Last edited:
@Grim Reaper yep ... you got a decent price too, Unfortunately, they don't stock the new T32 variant

One thing of interest is that Eibach told me that the true range of adjustment is -20 to -70 but that the TUV certification on the Transporter was done between -30 to -60 hence the seemingly contradictory statements in their sales literature.

Out of interest, as you're not running a T32, what was it that made you go to the effort of these rather than the usual B14 route??

Cheers

These look good ! I have T32 and can’t find the (02) model . I didn’t realise the mount was different for t32 !

Thanks for the links , I’m was going to get b14 potential early Feb . As soon as I can get time away from work .
The eibach just look good quality with the stainless steel . Be good to hear opinions of these coilovers from anyone who has them fitted .

The eibach just look good quality with the stainless steel . Be good to hear opinions of these coilovers from anyone who has them fitted .

That's why I started this post at the end of Dec but the zero responses so far on experience with them must mean there aren't many fitted. Although, I understand the T32 variant is relatively new anyway.

I feel very comfortable with Eibach as a manufacturer as they supply VW OEM. As you say, the stainless finish is quite something and probably a big factor in their relative cost !!

Some extra things I have learnt that are very reassuring :

1. Bilstein and Eibach aren't actually at each other's throats competing. Apparently they share research costs and data !

2. Bilstein B14 Coilovers are actually Eibach springs with a proprietary Bilstein damper

3. The Eibach Pro-Street Coilover is obviously an Eibach spring over a custom tuned KW damper. KW are arguably the market leaders in suspension

Last edited:
The van came with Van Slam lowered suspension but I don't particularly like, nor want it that low.
I've realised that the dampers are the limiting part to raising it up any further, so a longer damper was required, I think I'll be able to set them where I want with the range the Eibach have.
Another plus was the stainless steel, the Van Slams have only done 2 years and 4000 miles and there's rust and flaking paint on them already.

Yep .. KW are even more sophisticated. Don't seem to have quite the lowering range of the Eibach but I was told they don't do anything for T32's when I was ringing round tuners for Eibach prices and options. I think I'll ring KW and just double check :thumbsup:

Seems like I was ahead of the curve.

Lookers VW CV have just told me that these Coilovers are now VW approved (literally last week), with a part number, and available through their "ordering system" ... whatever that is.

@Pauly .... is there any way you can double check this claim if these have VW part numbers now ?? There will probably be two part numbers. A T32 fitment and then one for the others

Many thanks

Last edited:
You are indeed correct VW are now listing them so they are officially approved accessories
Prices are a bit higher than the listings above though, theres a bit of discount on them but wont bring them down to ebay/amazon prices
I had a check and there is no stock of either in VWs UK warehouse

T28 coilovers.PNG T32 coilovers.PNG

@Pauly .... that is fantastic, thanks very much for that :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think this is a major crossroads in the UK Coilover market for us. Bilstein missed a trick for sure.

I'm going to do this. It's just become more of a no-brainer. This Eibach T32 option is TUV approved as well as VW now. An insurance and warranty green light basically.

WHAHOOOOO

face-with-party-horn-and-party-hat_1f973.png

Nice work @Shredder and @Pauly.

Do you think VW would fit just the Struts, as I'm assuming these are the same 30mm Eibach springs I had fitted by the dealer previously...

They would buy them in as a kit so you would have to pay for the complete kit i imagine

Back