Eibach 30mm drop Springs and ACC

Colinlp

Cabinet-maker
T6 Guru
I've got ACC on my van and have read on another thread that there is a problem with lowering with this. I don't wont a drastic lowering, nor can I afford it even if I did. If I did fit the Eibach 30mm drop springs would I need to get the ACC recalibrated?

I swapped over to the 30mm Eibach and told no need to re calibrate by local van center. If doing again might look at other options as van sits high at the rear. I plan for a full caper conversion with underslung LPG and water tanks so hope it evens out. If not I will work on a plan-b. And.... the ACC still works as it should.

Thank you, sounds promising, not 100% sure if I want to lower yet, my van will be a full camper when finished so I'll see how she sits when finished.

I've read elsewhere that the Eibach sits high at the rear, why is that, is it the shocks that need changing too?

Mine sat higher at the back, but no weight in the back and obviously engine up front, now I've added weight in the back, Kombi conversion with exploria bed, its levelled out.
I don't want mine to low anyway as I don't want any bottoming out in campsites. @Colinlp

Bottoming out at campsites is exactly why I'm not 100% about lowering, on the other hand that little bit lower will make it a tiny bit easier to get in and out of at out advancing age.
Nice to know that a bed will bring the back down a little. Anyway whatever it's an easy option then if we do deicide to go ahead

Youll be fine with 30mm eibachs, I had mine fitted at dealer also, so no comeback from VW if any issues, Its a heavy bed ;) also useful as loads of storage underneath.

The 30mm Eibachs are what the dealers fit, so you shouldn't have any issues if you go down that avenue.
I had them on mine and they improve the stance over stock height IMO, however I don't have the ACC so can't offer any comment on that I'm afraid.
I do however now have a big box in my garage with a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs and struts for a T32, since swapping them out for Bilstein B14's:whistle:

The 30mm Eibachs are what the dealers fit, so you shouldn't have any issues if you go down that avenue.
I had them on mine and they improve the stance over stock height IMO, however I don't have the ACC so can't offer any comment on that I'm afraid.
I do however now have a big box in my garage with a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs and struts for a T32, since swapping them out for Bilstein B14's:whistle:
Are you looking to sell these Dave?

The shuttle I pick up on Thursday has ACC fitted too, does that mean I can't go lower than 30mm. I was hoping to go down coilover route....are Bilstein B14s the best route for a T32?

Hi sorry to sound thick but I'm new here I've brought a t6 102 highline 65 plate I want to lower it and was thinking of buying 55mm springs but reading this I'm a bit worried what is acc? & how do I know if I've got it or not

ACC is adaptive cruise control, this is a system where your van will automatically slow down if you approach the rear of a vehicle while using cruise control
If you have it fitted you will have a square cutout in the centre of your front lower grille directly above the number plate

Online or your local dealer but there seems to be a shortage of them at the moment

Online or your local dealer but there seems to be a shortage of them at the moment
Mine turned up today, Cheers Dave!! Just got to wait for my in house tech (son)to get his arse back from a jolly at Rockingham!

Back