EGR valve fault

I had problems with the EGR but no performance loss or what so ever .. i only get fault codes from the EGR but nothing crazy.

After driving the T6 for 3 years got tired of it and blanked off the EGR and removed it from the ECU its still does its job DPF Regeneration.

I had problems with the EGR but no performance loss or what so ever .. i only get fault codes from the EGR but nothing crazy.

After driving the T6 for 3 years got tired of it and blanked off the EGR and removed it from the ECU its still does its job DPF Regeneration.
How did you remove the EGR operation from the ECU? I'm presuming you've had it done by a third party through a new calibration. The angry red faced man at Barnoldswick that does a lot of Transporter recalibrations states these engines need the EGR operational for an effective DPF regeneration so I'm interested in a different tuners approach to this.

Hi Guys, My engine seems to be down on power, no faults showing, i had it on a rolling road to check it out and about 175bhp at crank from the 204ps engine and 312ftlb torque compared to 330. anyone with suggestions if the egr could be the issue? previously had a cracked pipe replaced, fumes in the cab carry on. any help would be great. i'm out of warenty now so its gona cost.

Same EGR fault light intermittent on and off, no issues with performance, took it to a local garage who ran a check on it and showing about 2% carbon build up apparently. £700 to replace egr apparently. I was advised against blanking off . 2016 euro5 43000 miles. I think I may just take the hit on the wallet and go to main dealer as its due its timing belt also.

Mark do you know what chemicals he was using by any chance? I know about the oven cleaner and that but would want something better that’s going to blast it clean
Sorry for slow reply but after trying to contact him I've failed. So, don't know which chemicals he used.

How did u blank it was it mapped out of ecu

Injector cleaner works well on things like this. Just the black red ex stuff you can often get for £2 a bottle when on offer in tesco. Or a spray brake cleaner usually find for around £5 a tin.

Got same issue here. 2017 102 model 50k miles. Recently light came on with same code. Anyone know the cost of a new egr? Or has anyone had experience with any carbon cleaner service? Don't facing attempting to clean it myself

Got same issue here. 2017 102 model 50k miles. Recently light came on with same code. Anyone know the cost of a new egr? Or has anyone had experience with any carbon cleaner service? Don't facing attempting to clean it myself
It’s about £530 for the part at VW. I paid about £1100 all in with new front and rear pipe, fitted.

Anyone ever tried that Wynn's valve cleaner ?
Yep. Wynns valve cleaner / turbo cleaners are the same product rebounded for thr most part. They are just hydrocarbons and parafins in a spray can.

I've used a can before just for the sake of trying it - induced a horrible knock and not a lot of use!

EGR flush at main dealer was £530 last time I had it done. Or you can get some blanking plates and gaskets for £40, fit them yourself and then get the EGR coded out for less than that!

Back