EGR Valve - covered by VW warranty?

Branwell

T6 Pro
I am sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer.

I have a 2016 T6 T30 102psi with a VW extended warranty. The van was in VW to get something unrelated fixed and they have identified that the EGR needs replaced.

Can anyone confirm if replacement of the EGR is covered under warranty?

For info. I bought the van in November 2019 and due to lockdown have only done about 4000 miles in it, so not very impressed.

The engine is a wearable item!
VW use any excuse to avoid paying under warranty, my sliding door rubs really bad which I’ve had to sort myself as they would touch it under warranty even tho it’s a fitment issue and the paintwork is being worn

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was covered some years back on a 180ps but it was within the normal three year warranty period.

They might pay take more interest if you kick off in their showroom on a busy Saturday afternoon.

Mine done last week pipe replaced and flushed van 3 years old 31st October no charge VW Lookers Glasgow and courtesy car for 24hrs

Mine was replaced on last day of warranty ( October) after the flush was unsuccessful!
Its got to go back in this week, unsure if the problem but I suspect the eye, and was told if the eye was fitted under warranty it’s not covered now!

Eye, eye.

Sorry.

If you had purchased the part and fitted it yourself it would have a two year warranty, I don't see how a new part fitted under warranty by a dealer should be different. VW of course probably see it differently.

Had mine replaced .It had a four year warranty coming to the end but dealer just got it done with good will . If not the warranty would of covered it .

Got the T6 back from VW today. They replaced the egr under warranty. Van is a 2016 model with an extended warranty due to expire end of November.
I tried to get the front door seals (metal strip rusted) replaced under warranty too, but this isn't covered under the extended warranty T&C s apparantly, so will live with it for now.

This just might help those with EGR valve problems, my previous vehicle was a L.R. freelander and due to only low miles I had EGR problems, I tried various cleaners that didn't work then I came across ARCHOIL AR6400-D, this cleaner worked for me immediately I then continued to use the AR9100 as a regular maintenance cleaner fuel additive. Following this I never had another problem, it may be worth a try. Purchased off Amazon.

Mine was replaced on last day of warranty ( October) after the flush was unsuccessful!
Its got to go back in this week, unsure if the problem but I suspect the eye, and was told if the eye was fitted under warranty it’s not covered now!
Correct, parts replaced under warranty have the same warranty as the rest of the vehicle. However if you make a contribution to the cost then the parts replaced would have the normal 3 year warranty.

Back