EGR light came on before I’d left the forecourt!!!

Vw assist flushed the egr and got opening and closing fine.

He said to always keep the fuel tank over a quarter full to enable it to regenerate.
Also to add he doesn’t believe it is down to driving style or fuel, he had a 17plate with 117k on the clock always ran on supermarket fuel and never had a issue with egr,dpf,adblue!

The van is fine for now he said push for the egr to be replaced once it goes into the workshop on the 30th of this month

So that’s it back to ordering wheels, booking in with steve @CRS Performance ans getting it soundproofed and the towbar fitted!

. Apparently VW assist can do the flush and pipe change, there is a thread about it on here somewhere
here is the tread with picture of the New EGR pipe and flush carried out at roadside.

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/egr-flush-result…….35618/page-2#post-497792

He said to always keep the fuel tank over a quarter full to enable it to regenerate.
Also to add he doesn’t believe it is down to driving style or fuel, he had a 17plate with 117k on the clock always ran on supermarket fuel and never had a issue with egr,dpf,adblue!

The van is fine for now he said push for the egr to be replaced once it goes into the workshop on the 30th of this month

So that’s it back to ordering wheels, booking in with steve @CRS Performance ans getting it soundproofed and the towbar fitted!
did they change the erg pipe for a new one, if not insist VW do it when it goes in to their workshop, I doubt they will change the erg without some persuasion

Took mine in today to VW Van Centre Trafford Park.

Just over 3 years old, and I took out the All-in-one plan when warranty was up.

When I bought the van (a new conversion at 1 year old) the light came on, I had to take it to VW Liverpool as Trafford Park was closed during the first lockdown; EGR flush done.

A couple of weeks back I had the light come on again, AA (via VW Assist) read the dreaded code P040100, cleared it, and advised me to book it in. First slot I could get was today.

Fortunately (!) it came back on after a week driving around Guernsey (when I booked it in they mentioned an investigation fee, I assume if the light was not back on and they couldn't find anything).

Anyway, another EGR flush and the light is back off. Interestingly, they said it was done for free under VW goodwill, and NOT under the All-in-one plan :rolleyes:

But will definitely look to delete it once warranty is up.

Took mine in today to VW Van Centre Trafford Park.

Just over 3 years old, and I took out the All-in-one plan when warranty was up.

When I bought the van (a new conversion at 1 year old) the light came on, I had to take it to VW Liverpool as Trafford Park was closed during the first lockdown; EGR flush done.

A couple of weeks back I had the light come on again, AA (via VW Assist) read the dreaded code P040100, cleared it, and advised me to book it in. First slot I could get was today.

Fortunately (!) it came back on after a week driving around Guernsey (when I booked it in they mentioned an investigation fee, I assume if the light was not back on and they couldn't find anything).

Anyway, another EGR flush and the light is back off. Interestingly, they said it was done for free under VW goodwill, and NOT under the All-in-one plan :rolleyes:

But will definitely look to delete it once warranty is up.
I’ll see how much goodwill VW Stoke offer.
To be fair Chelmsford Beadles (dealership we bought off) have said once Stoke have looked at it they will sort out what’s needed and foot the bill if that helps Stoke…….
We shall see on the 30th September.

I’ll see how much goodwill VW Stoke offer.
To be fair Chelmsford Beadles (dealership we bought off) have said once Stoke have looked at it they will sort out what’s needed and foot the bill if that helps Stoke…….
We shall see on the 30th September.
Did you have any joy with VW Stoke? I'm not far away and might need their services as the EGR/cat light has just started...

Did you have any joy with VW Stoke? I'm not far away and might need their services as the EGR/cat light has just started...
It had been cleaned by Vw assist, I think then by time it was booked in with Vw stoke they just checked it! Not the best service there and they really had poor communication.
I’d call Vw assist first then if it needs to go to a centre I’d look maybe derby?

It had been cleaned by Vw assist, I think then by time it was booked in with Vw stoke they just checked it! Not the best service there and they really had poor communication.
I’d call Vw assist first then if it needs to go to a centre I’d look maybe derby?
Cheers - I'll have a look at VW Assist, although it's a 2016 van with no extended warranty, so am not hopeful.

Cheers - I'll have a look at VW Assist, although it's a 2016 van with no extended warranty, so am not hopeful.
I can recommend a really good indie garage that’s where mine will go after the 12months warranty runs out.
They are located in Newcastle under Lyme

Egr and regeneration are 2 different things. The regeneration is for the dpf.

Reactions: DXX
Back