Found EGR Flexi-Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
A bit of a long shot, but has anyone had the foresight to buy an EGR Flexi pipe as a spare on the basis that they crack every 6 months :(

I had that familiar smell in the cab yesterday and yup, another cracked EGR pipe, which will be my 4th.
I will shoot over the TPS tomorrow morning, but I need this pipe asap because i'm meant to be working in Glasgow on Thursday. If anyone has a spare I can either buy or have and replace as soon as the new one turns up, I would be forever grateful. Modified or un-modified pipe, I don't mind.

Thanks.

Oh man . . . . . Again...

What's your year and millage now?

How many miles a year you going?

And how long are the pipes lasting.

Oh man . . . . . Again...

What's your year and millage now?

How many miles a year you going?

And how long are the pipes lasting.

2017. 80k
The latest one only did 25k this time, the others lasted longer.

I reckon the new one will last and it should be in stock.

I hope so. My previous ones had to be ordered in.
Maybe as its getting so common, they will hold them in stock now.

Sorry dude, I don’t have one, but mine went just as they were about to map my bus.

That’s the first genuine fault on my van.

Isn’t there an updated pipe now?

Sorry dude, I don’t have one, but mine went just as they were about to map my bus.

That’s the first genuine fault on my van.

Isn’t there an updated pipe now?

Yes. I tried to be clever when my first one cracked, and purchased 2 because they were only £20 and I could see this was going to be a common problem, so the 3 that have split on me have been the original design. The new versions are a lot different and I haven't heard of the modified version cracking, but if they are still cheap, I will buy 2 again.

I’m sure someone posted a pic recently and the price significantly higher. Should be a recall as poor design!!

I’m sure someone posted a pic recently and the price significantly higher. Should be a recall as poor design!!

I recall that thread. I mentioned that the price was insane compared to the original pipe, but I think it was high because it included fitting at a main dealer.

Here it is £90 + vat :-0

Here it is £90 + vat :-0

So they design a pipe that fails every 40k and redesign it to hopefully not fail, but charge 4x the price for the privilege.
I think i would sooner buy 3 more of the older ones.

@Tourershine is that all TPS or just your local one? By all means see if the Oxford branch(Kidlington) has one in stock? If so I could grab it and get posted next day for you in the morning.
It's a long shot but might be of help.

I bought mine from TPS Bristol, they had them in stock.

Do you by any chance work in or own a garage?
I ask because I phoned them the other day for a part and they said they couldn’t help me because I needed to be in the trade and have an account.

Do you by any chance work in or own a garage?
I ask because I phoned them the other day for a part and they said they couldn’t help me because I needed to be in the trade and have an account.
You need to be in the trade.

Thanks @Minimucks
I asked the same question on my Instagram account last night after seeing the TPS Trade counter were closed until further notice. Andy at Transporter HQ texted me and said he'd order one in this morning. They have a delivery every day and only 25 mins from me. Hopefully they will have stock at the branch he uses.

Are you sorted then @Tourershine.... if not I can make enquires this morning at the garage I’ve used for years?

Hopefully yes, providing there isn't some daft shortage of this part due to shipping restrictions. I will report back once I know if they can get it. Thanks bud.

I love this place for help.

Other than that is it an easy part to get to.... (on the van I mean).... as you’re local to me you could always have the part off my van as I’m not using it all week?

I’d need it back prompt for the weekend though?

Now that is what I call helpful and you're correct, it is an easy part to remove. If it comes to that and say they cannot get the part till the end of the week, I will take your offer up and just replace yours with the new part.
Normally I wouldn't be in a desperate situation like this, but i've delayed my Scottish customers for so long because of the pandemic, that letting them down again this week because of an issue with my van, would be a problem for me. I hate letting people down and especially because of a mechanical or technical problem.

I will keep you updated mate.
Out of interest, who is the garage you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back