Found EGR Flexi-Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is what I call helpful and you're correct, it is an easy part to remove. If it comes to that and say they cannot get the part till the end of the week, I will take your offer up and just replace yours with the new part.
Normally I wouldn't be in a desperate situation like this, but i've delayed my Scottish customers for so long because of the pandemic, that letting them down again this week because of an issue with my van, would be a problem for me. I hate letting people down and especially because of a mechanical or technical problem.

I will keep you updated mate.
Out of interest, who is the garage you use?
It’s Langham’s in Leicester.... Phil Langham is a great bloke and will always try to help:thumbsup:

Thankfully got hold of the new modified pipe, which even at my trade price it was £106.96 with VAT.

Considering the original pipes were less than £20, is a bit of a pee take, especially when my van is still under warranty, but I just don't have the time to let the dealer do a diagnostic, order in the part and do the actual repair.
Oh well, its fixed now.

Below is a picture of the older style pipe with another picture of the new modified pipe for future reference with part numbers.

20200629_134554.jpg20200629_120052.jpg20200629_120026.jpg

Thanks for all the offers of help.

So the new one has a cast part rather than a rolled pipe, and the flexi looks better.

Has this failed on other engines, or is it a 204 problem?

Thankfully got hold of the new modified pipe, which even at my trade price it was £106.96 with VAT.

Considering the original pipes were less than £20, is a bit of a pee take, especially when my van is still under warranty, but I just don't have the time to let the dealer do a diagnostic, order in the part and do the actual repair.
Oh well, its fixed now.

Below is a picture of the older style pipe with another picture of the new modified pipe for future reference with part numbers.

View attachment 75681View attachment 75682View attachment 75683

Glad to see you’re sorted.... just hope the new pipe serves you a bit better.... it looks a better part!:thumbsup:

Might be a stupid question, but is it simply heat that causes the cracked pipe?

Not sure if other engines have the same egr set up. A 204 will put 33% more heat through the exhaust manifold than a 150, in theory, on full power.

It’ll be interesting to see how long the new one lasts compared to the previous ones.

Not sure if other engines have the same egr set up. A 204 will put 33% more heat through the exhaust manifold than a 150, in theory, on full power.
Have any of you boys heard of a Vortex exhaust and how they reduce the heat buildup caused by the back pressure of a conventional exhaust? Check out their website and YouTube videos if you’re interested!?

I'm sure i've seen reports of other HP T6's cracking these pipes, but could be wrong.
The new one better last longer that the others, because 4 in 3 years is insane if the new one fails the same at that price.

I'm sure i've seen reports of other HP T6's cracking these pipes, but could be wrong.
The new one better last longer that the others, because 4 in 3 years is insane if the new one fails the same at that price.
At least the new one will be under warranty for 2 years. :thumbsup:

Oh well, its fixed now.

View attachment 75681View attachment 75682View attachment 75683

hi where did you buy this from please ?

I think people get too hung up TPS/trade prices, VW discounts are extremely poor and marginal at best
Any main dealer will supply parts on request and the difference in price is often not that much different for items like this

Full retail price (what a dealer would charge you is £94.74 + vat = £113.69
@Tourershine paid £106.96 so around 6% less, not sure how much id mess around for £7 saving

Its fair to say not all items are like this and if you are spending big bucks or ordering certain items from certain product groups then the discounts can be larger but generally they are <10%

I think people get too hung up TPS/trade prices, VW discounts are extremely poor and marginal at best
Any main dealer will supply parts on request and the difference in price is often not that much different for items like this

Full retail price (what a dealer would charge you is £94.74 + vat = £113.69
@Tourershine paid £106.96 so around 6% less, not sure how much id mess around for £7 saving

Its fair to say not all items are like this and if you are spending big bucks or ordering certain items from certain product groups then the discounts can be larger but generally they are <10%

I actually ended up with 2 of these pipes because Transporter HQ saw my Instagram wanted post and got me one as well as the one I got myself.
HQ buy a lot of stuff from TPS and I think the pipe was about £2 cheaper from them, than I paid.

I have receipts for Quantum oil from TPS (when they would serve me!) and the Skoda dealer supplies it for virtually the same price.

I use my local vag car dealer for parts. Very helpful parts guy, and almost always next day delivery. You don't have to go to a van centre because its a van. As it happens Edinburgh van centre quoted me over £150 + vat to replace a broken piece of under body plastic. I got the part through my local car dealer for £58 + vat and took me 20mins to fit max!

I've had the front pipe go on me today. Van is less than 4 years old with 55 on the clock. Sudden loss of power and a blowing noise from the engine bay. On inspection the pipe has come away from the bracket. (see below)
For now I've shoved the pipe back in and used some JB Weld as a temporary fix but looking to replace the part and was wondering if anyone could find out the price from TPS? Part number 04L131521AR. Can get one from eBay for £40 but if TPS isn't much more then I'd use them instead.
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back