EGR Delete

Hi I’ve had the gas recirc code on for quite a while with no issues with regards to power etc. last week though I was driving home over 80mile at speed and a mile from the house it went into limp mode with the engine light and also flashing glow plug. Since then it’s cut out a few times when I first rev and it appears to be a little bit more sluggish.

The garage suspect it’s the EGR id like to know my options and where is best to get this resolved ? I see these as my potential options.

Replace EGR pro and cons ?

Delete EGR but does the DPf need doing also and what about the MOT etc and where is best to get this resolved I live in Lancashire.

What’s are the potential costs for either ?

By the way it’s a 2018 T6 204

Any advice is appreciated thank you

Last edited:
Hi I’ve had the gas recirc code on for quite a while with no issues with regards to power etc. last week though I was driving home over 80mile at speed and a mile from the house it went into limp mode with the engine light and also flashing glow plug. Since then it’s cut out a few times when I first rev and it appears to be a little bit more sluggish.

The garage suspect it’s the EGR id like to know my options and where is best to get this resolved ? I see these as my potential options.

Replace EGR pro and cons ?

Delete EGR but does the DPf need doing also and what about the MOT etc and where is best to get this resolved I live in Lancashire.

What’s are the potential costs for either ?

By the way it’s a 2018 T6 204

Any advice is appreciated thank you
There’s load# of possibilities for the cause and cure. Have you had the fault codes read since this recent issue?

if you delete the EGR and get it coded out does this affect any remap on the ECU? thanks

Back