EGR Delete - Wales

Gareth Edmondson

T6 Pro
Good afternoon,

I've been reading a lot on here about the EGR and the costs. My Carista has shown an issue for a few weeks now and I don't have the funds to get it replaced etc. So when I discovered the term 'egr delete' and read up about it I thought this may be the the way forward.

So does anyone in the Neath/Swansea area do such a job?

What does it involve and are there the benefits that people say there are here on the forum?

Many thanks

Gareth

If it's detected at MOT time its a fail, although I think it's unlikely to be detected because as far as I know it would make no visual difference.

Plenty of info here:

Search results for query: EGR delete

I presume illegal, and a MOT fail if detected, but I'm no expert.

I can certainly understand the temptation, seems to be nothing but trouble with some vans.

You make an interesting point - some people own a T6 for several years and many miles and have no EGR issues, others are plagued with them. The same could be said of DPF issues.
It surely can't all be down to driving style or journey type, or can it?

Reactions: CAB
Can’t be driving style etc.
To add to this, We have just purchased a Vw approved used t6 2017 van had dpf light on as we were about to leave the Vw dealership!
That got regen in workshop we then drove van home and had EML come on next day!
Had a friend plug it in to reveal EGR fault!
And VW can’t fit us in until end of the month!!
I am beginning to think I’ve bought the wrong van!! Such a shame as spec is just wanted we wanted!

I am considering sticking two fingers up to the warranty and deleting egr,dpf and adblue once and for all!

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/egr-light-came-on-before-i’d-left-the-forecourt.37504/

Can’t be driving style etc.
To add to this, We have just purchased a Vw approved used t6 2017 van had dpf light on as we were about to leave the Vw dealership!
That got regen in workshop we then drove van home and had EML come on next day!
Had a friend plug it in to reveal EGR fault!
And VW can’t fit us in until end of the month!!
I am beginning to think I’ve bought the wrong van!! Such a shame as spec is just wanted we wanted!

I am considering sticking two fingers up to the warranty and deleting egr,dpf and adblue once and for all!

I would persevere with VW whilst you are under warranty Cossie, if you was to tamper with the DPF / EGR and something else engine related went wrong I'm sure they would twist it to avoid covering.

Back