We are hiring.

Job Description
Based in Yeovil Somerset,

We are looking for a multi-skilled individual with a flexible approach to all jobs. You should have a keen interest in campervans specifically VW Transporters and a willingness to learn is key. The applicant will be experienced in wood work to cabinet making/bench joinery level. Additionally a number of the skills listed below will be expected.

You will be expected to undertake all jobs as required. Job specific training will be provided where necessary. The role includes all aspects of vehicle conversions, wood work, cabinet making, metal work, electrical installations, suspension upgrades, preparing vehicles for conversion, Packing components ready for shipping to customers, preparing flat pack furniture etc Due to the high level of applicants, you are requested to apply by sending a CV to [Email hidden].

Essential skill requirements:
• Carpentry/ cabinet making
• Knowledge of Scribing furniture to uneven surfaces
• Knowledge of edge banding, hand routers etc
• Electrical installations 230v and 12v systems
• Vehicle body work, cutting metal, fitting windows and roofs etc
• Vehicle mechanical work, suspension, removing wheels , fuel tanks etc
• Gas installations, copper pipe bending, jointing etc
• Working knowledge of hand tools, power tools, routers
• Completing work to a high standard to company standards in order to achieve customer satisfaction.

Desired skills
• Practical skills
• Good communication skills
• Know when to use own initiative
• Be computer literate and confident working with a computer
• Photography and editing skills
• Social media knowledge
• Design skills
• Problem solving

Personal qualities
The ideal candidate will candidate will:
• have an interest in VW vans and campers
• Be a quick learner
• Have a flexible approach
• Have a positive attitude
• Be hands-on
• Be proactive an willing to research jobs as required
• Have a good eye for detail
• Be a great team player As the role is of a physical nature and will involve some heavy lifting, candidates will need to be physically fit and able.

Desired qualifications
• 3 years cabinet making/carpentry
• City and guilds trade qualifications. Cabinet making, electrical, automotive etc
• GCSE English & Maths A* - C (or equivalent)
• A full, clean UK driving license

Future prospects It is our aim for the right candidate to remain in a permanent role within the business, developing their level of responsibilities and skills accordingly.

The role is subject to a 6 month trial period

Please apply in the first instance by sending a CV to info@eclipsecustomcampers.com

In return, you will get from us Competitive Wages (Based on experience and subject to review) 28 Days Holiday A lively working environment
We have now filled this post, thanks all

When 150 BHP is not enough for this cracking VW T6, over to .....REVO...... BHP gains up to 187 a brilliant upgrade and sure to put a smile on your face.:grin bounce:

IMG_20210517_183533_121.jpg

IMG_20210517_183533_170.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Alcantara headlining upgrades!! Here we have a T5 which is in stage 2 of its conversion, lining, insulation, sound deadening etc. This customer wanted a Skyline roof and Alcantara headlining, so we covered the bi-fold bed, headlining and also A pillars. It all ties in well and is a major upgrade as his headlining was rather tired. Looks a new van now.
Cheers all.
Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:

11.JPG13.JPG16.JPG15.JPG14.JPG

Last edited:
Our customer wanted a removable Escape POD for their twin sliding door van, also wanted a drinking tap. We designed this to fit the bill. The rest of the van was already kitted out so we only had a finite amount of space available. Turned out well again!

We design and manufacture all conversions in house so can make most things to suit customers’ requirements.

All the best, Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DSC027311.JPG

DSC027341.JPG

DSC027251.JPG

We have updated our Autorised Dealer REVO remapping information on our current website, see here
Revo_PP (2).png
If you have any queries, please get in touch!

New website due soon so keep watching.

Cheers Ian

Blinds now fitted and certainly completes the look of the van. Stage 3 coming soon where we fit the RIB seat and make bespoke furniture fo a full blown camper.

IMG-20210702-WA0015.jpgIMG-20210702-WA0014.jpgIMG-20210702-WA0011.jpg

Reactions: CAB
What is better than a 150BHP VW T6.1 DSG? Well its It's the same van but this time with the REVO treatment. Now pushing near 187 BHP! Amazing performance upgrade, and these 6.1's work briliantly, sooo much fun to drive. WOW!! Shame this customer does not want upgraded wheels :(
IMG-20210702-WA0018.jpg

@Skyliner33 here are images of the rear tailgate, these are colour matched to customer requirements. We woudl normally cover in alcantara grey, looks better and nice feel. The side windows can of course be as previous images without surround. The sorrounds also allow you to have fly screens integrated.

Cheers,
Ian

tailgate 1.jpgtailgate 2.jpg

@Skyliner33 here are images of the rear tailgate, these are colour matched to customer requirements. We woudl normally cover in alcantara grey, looks better and nice feel. The side windows can of course be as previous images without surround. The sorrounds also allow you to have fly screens integrated.

Cheers,
Ian

View attachment 122975View attachment 122976
Thanks, however I dont think that would work with a rear wiper?

Thanks, however I dont think that would work with a rear wiper?
errr, why? Its shown on the image with wash wipe. It works, it is designed to fit, you can trim a little bit of the bottom of the motor housing or remove completely. The bottom of the panel is spaced out slightly with a filler strip. Cant see this on photo but all is there. Cheers

errr, why? Its shown on the image with wash wipe. It works, it is designed to fit, you can trim a little bit of the bottom of the motor housing or remove completely. The bottom of the panel is spaced out slightly with a filler strip. Cant see this on photo but all is there. Cheers
Ah ok. I just thought it wasn’t as I can’t see the wiper motor housing cover of the wiper blade. I would have preferred just a blind like you do on the side windows. Thanks again.

Ah ok. I just thought it wasn’t as I can’t see the wiper motor housing cover of the wiper blade. I would have preferred just a blind like you do on the side windows. Thanks again.
Hi, sorry but without the surround the lower blind rail has to be bent (or stepped out) and doesnt look as good.
Rgds
Ian

Back