Eberspacher S2 Easy Start Pro temperature display [Resolved]

Bardot

Hoping one of you guys can answer this for me. I have installed a S2 Eberspacher with a Easy Start Pro control unit. I have not installed an External Temp sensor wishing to use the one in the control unit. However when I turn on the heater I get no Temperature displayed on the control panel. I have gone into the installation section and selected controller for sensor and display (I think correctly) but no joy. Does anyone know if I have to adjust the wiring going into the controller when not connecting an external sensor? At present I have just connected the square 4 way plug and left the 3 way connector alone. (which I understand is for the remote sensor.)

If it is anything like the Webasto systems you have to use the external temp sensor as the standard temp sensor only measures the temp of the air entering the heater and does not sense at the controller.
You may wish to use one in the control unit but there isn't usually one there in these latest heaters!

If it is anything like the Webasto systems you have to use the external temp sensor as the standard temp sensor only measures the temp of the air entering the heater and does not sense at the controller.
You may wish to use one in the control unit but there isn't usually one there in these latest heaters!
There is a sensor in the heater itself but the new Controllers for the Eberspacher also have one built in. When running they display the cabin temp but mines just stays blank.

There is a sensor in the Webasto controllers also but it is purely for the temperature display not for the heater use.

As far as I can remember when I installed mine, I didnt have a temp sensor to plug in anywhere and mine works fine. Temp is displayed on the controller.

As far as I can remember when I installed mine, I didnt have a temp sensor to plug in anywhere and mine works fine. Temp is displayed on the controller.
Hi Skyliner, Thats what i'm after. Can I ask does your controller show the temp all the time or just when controlling the temperature?

The Webasto controller has to be set up with a computer to change things like temp display - maybe yours wasn't set up fully? It doesn't show the temp continuously though.

The Webasto controller has to be set up with a computer to change things like temp display - maybe yours wasn't set up fully? It doesn't show the temp continuously though.
Yeh The Eberspacher needs to be setup but there is a combination of button presses that lets you enter the workshop programming mode directly. I have gone into that and selected what I think is required for the Temp on controller but no joy.

Finally got it sorted. Needed to remove the fuses for a full reset then enter the settings. When refitting the fuses you must power the heater for 30 secs before powering up the Controller.

Got the same problem what settings did you have to put in to get the temperature on the display!?? Cheers

Hi Garston. I removed both fuses put in the 20 heater fuse. Waited a minute put in the smaller controller fuse. Went into the workshop menu by selecting the cog wheel with the clock underneath it holding in the corner button for two seconds. Then scrolled through to the temp sensor and selecting controller. The selecting display and selecting controller again. Exited out it worked OK. Good luck.

Back