Eberspacher Easystart NO HEATER fault

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
My D2S heater was working fine yesterday. Later on I attempted to start it and the Easystart displayed NO HEATER with a spanner icon. The control outer display was flashing red.
Any ideas as there’s nothing On line?

Do you mean Airtronic S2 D2L? Fault finding manual attached. Any other indications - error codes,blinking led etc.?

Attachments

• 15703910861.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: mmi
short press on and it displays No heater and a spanner. The outer ring LED flashed red.
Press & Hold the controller and it resets and displays Eberspacher. Then returns to no heater

i intend to investigate further tomorrow. From memory, there are 3 fuses so wI’ll check 1st.

Oh dear!
I don't know where the loom connectors are but I would next check that they are fully home, Also check that the heater earth is good. Was the red flashing the fault code? Did you count the flashes?

So the flashing error code was overheating. I have been testing / using it on high temps..
i guessed that the controller had locked up after 20 incidents.
To reset. Turn on the Easystart and pull the heater fuse within 20s and restore after 5s.
All restored to normal working...

You shouldn't be able to get a heater to overheat just by running at full tilt - the only way is for the inlet or outlet to be partially blocked or too many resistance points in the outlet - last unlikely to be reached in these small vans.

Agreed. I’m using the Eber inlet and Cali outlet and both are clear. I’ve concluded it’s a legacy of the installation when I probably messed around and created the majority of the “10 incidents” which caused the lock up.
I’ll certainly be investigate further if it reoccurs....

So the flashing error code was overheating. I have been testing / using it on high temps..
i guessed that the controller had locked up after 20 incidents.
To reset. Turn on the Easystart and pull the heater fuse within 20s and restore after 5s.
All restored to normal working...
Hey Wills, just woke up to the same problem. Google search brought me here. Did your fuse trick and it worked! Just got the heater installed and have used past two nights without incident until this morning.

Wanted to ask if you ever encountered the problem since or if it was smooth sailing from there? Thanks very much.

Yo, I’ve experienced the error twice, quite some time ago Though. its been clear sailing since

Back