Night Heater location - internal or external??

I work in removals and we have them for when we do nights away, ducts into the sleeper pods. Did a night out in Cambridgeshire in January it was feckin freezing outside but left it on while in the pub and came back to a warm pod and no issues with noise.

Posts crossed here - I was saying the same but more long-winded!

Is it configurable though as some preset ones are something ridiculous like 11.6v or so. I set them at 12v so that they leave some electrickery in the battery - the battery usually recovers a couple of volts after drains are stopped. I know that the ecu on the Airtronic has a low voltage cutoff of 10.5v which isn't user configurable and that is useless for saving your battery as it will be on its way to being goosed at that voltage.

In my younger years I used to sleep in the Welsh mountains in the open in winter in just an Army sleeping bag.:)
Been there, done that. I spent 6 months on the Brecon Beacons as part on my military careers

Anyone tried the latest Eber s2 D2L?
90% quieter, lower service costs etc....

Do you also know if all the plugs, fixing holes etc are the same as the older model? So you could just change the unit if you wanted to upgrade?

Have you had a chance to start it up and use it yet? Who supplied it?

Yes it’s had a couple of test runs.
But I’ve never heard another to compare.
Do you also know if all the plugs, fixing holes etc are the same as the older model? So you could just change the unit if you wanted to upgrade?

I believe they are the same fixtures and fittings but would check.

Yes, self fitted.
I fitted the Eberspacher intake for the cold air from the drivers step. I didn’t see the need to fit the OEM as it’s hidden behind the drivers step and makes the fitting much easier as well as saving a bit of dosh.
For connecting the hot air out to the B pillar plastics I bought a 90-60mm reducer. Then fitted as in this picture:
A7299B11-EF80-4B23-B16E-D9F33D3CF402.jpeg

hi all
I have T6 euro 6 van, is it possible to locate a planar diesel heater underneath the van on the passenger side, I'm hoping to fit underslung water tanks on the drivers side were the heater is usually located.
Thanks

I've just had something similar done on my conversion.

70l underslung water tank sits on the drivers side about half way down the vehicle. Eberspacher diesel heater is also underslung, approximately under the drivers seat with hot air inlet coming up through the pillar behind the drivers seat. Same inlet location as Vw caravelle.

hi all
I have T6 euro 6 van, is it possible to locate a planar diesel heater underneath the van on the passenger side, I'm hoping to fit underslung water tanks on the drivers side were the heater is usually located.
Thanks

I’m fairly sure VW mount one of the OEM pre-heaters under the passenger seat, so there should be room there. It’ll make sense to have it there if you’re going for a camper conversion, too. The AdBlue tank might make things awkward, but as I’m Euro5, I can’t say how much it is / will / won’t be in the way of a heater outlet.

I’m fairly sure VW mount one of the OEM pre-heaters under the passenger seat, so there should be room there. It’ll make sense to have it there if you’re going for a camper conversion, too. The AdBlue tank might make things awkward, but as I’m Euro5, I can’t say how much it is / will / won’t be in the way of a heater outlet.
Good call
Now the weather is starting to improve think I'll have to get underneath and take the panel off and have a look.

On a Euro 6 van with Adblue tank I don't think that there is any space for a heater under the left side although on my last two conversions (a T5 and a Euro 5 T6) I have managed to fit one on a custom angled mounting under there. It then is easy to get the outlet in the back of the left front seat base leaving space for one leisure battery and a B to B unit under the driver's seat. I studied the space whilst fitting the last of these and the area taken up by where the Adblue tank would be and decided there would be no space on a Euro 6 vehicle.
So in the future it looks like reverting to the normal OEM position and re-positioning other items to bring the outlet out in the base of the right front seat. If of course you don't plan to have kitchen units down the right side then the OEM outlets can be used.

On a Euro 6 van with Adblue tank I don't think that there is any space for a heater under the left side although on my last two conversions (a T5 and a Euro 5 T6) I have managed to fit one on a custom angled mounting under there. It then is easy to get the outlet in the back of the left front seat base leaving space for one leisure battery and a B to B unit under the driver's seat. I studied the space whilst fitting the last of these and the area taken up by where the Adblue tank would be and decided there would be no space on a Euro 6 vehicle.
So in the future it looks like reverting to the normal OEM position and re-positioning other items to bring the outlet out in the base of the right front seat. If of course you don't plan to have kitchen units down the right side then the OEM outlets can be used.
Thanks Rod
Looks I'll fit it in the normal position with the outlet under the passenger seat, did you have any issues drilling the hole through the floor on the passenger side ?Think I might sacrifice the spare wheel and replace it with an underslung gas tank and fit a water tank in space in front.

Thanks Rod
Looks I'll fit it in the normal position with the outlet under the passenger seat, did you have any issues drilling the hole through the floor on the passenger side ?Think I might sacrifice the spare wheel and replace it with an underslung gas tank and fit a water tank in space in front.
Why not fit a fresh tank in the gap where the sliding door should be on the offside, the waste water tank underneath on the offside cill (underneath said ‘sliding door’ panel),
and a gas tank just forward of the spare wheel well? You then get to keep your spare wheel where it should be.

Back