Ebay Selling Warning.

@N58amx feel your pain. Saw a family member go through similar due to scamming buyers. They've deleted their account and no longer use eBay (who never look into anything and rule in favour of the buyer all the time)

Fortunately, being hyper cautious about all things InterWeb ..... I set up a 'scud' bank account with Santander to link to eBay .... it has £1 in it at all times. Anything beyond that is 'swept' out instantly. Good luck PayPal :laugh::laugh:

@N58amx feel your pain. Saw a family member go through similar due to scamming buyers. They've deleted their account and no longer use eBay (who never look into anything and rule in favour of the buyer all the time)

Fortunately, being hyper cautious about all things InterWeb ..... I set up a 'scud' bank account with Santander to link to eBay .... it has £1 in it at all times. Anything beyond that is 'swept' out instantly. Good luck PayPal :laugh::laugh:
Good thinking ..
I have yet to here of anyone trusting them lol

when ever i use ebay i always go for cash on collection and no postage, it just suits me

i sold some wheels once and guy messaged me for details, turned up and paid cash, then said he wouldn't leave me any feedback
so i could cancel the sale and incur no fees, Ebay were not happy and locked me out for 30 days and wrote me a snotty email
i do it quite often now if the other person is willing

C63428DC-51EF-4EF9-8BEE-F498E9A3D324.png Got to say I love eBay. Have been using for 13 years, I collect and sell modern military kit. A lot is sold abroad and think I’ve only had 2 items go missing out of over a thousand. Generally wait until £1 FVF offers as their fees are pretty high. Found a record of my sales to date

View attachment 28982 Got to say I love eBay. Have been using for 13 years, I collect and sell modern military kit. A lot is sold abroad and think I’ve only had 2 items go missing out of over a thousand. Generally wait until £1 FVF offers as their fees are pretty high. Found a record of my sales to date

:eek: You could buy half a T6 Cali for that balance.

All that money is long gone ☹️ If I could do the same in the next 3 years it would pay the van off, along with lots of mods

That balance would just about cover the current mods, and money I've lost on mods since starting this whole saga. :(

Back